cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens at the end of my fibre contract?

frindle2037
Dabbler

What happens at the end of my fibre contract?

Hi all,

In January of 2019 I renewed my line rental saver. That works out at £16.49 a month (I think).

I'm currently paying £20.99 minus an £8 discount for fibre extra unlimited. So, £12.99 overall. (+£5 for TV service)

My contract runs out on July 10 or 11th of 2019. I'm thinking of leaving or downgrading to save some money. TBH, I like plusnet and I'd like to stay but I also want value for money. Smiley

Could a PlusNet employee confirm what the prices would be for fibre and fibre extra for a renewing customer (at current offer - i know they may not be valid for 2/3 months time - but I'm trying to do a price comparison now)?

I tried to ask a live chat operator but the service received was poor, they seem disinterested, unhappy to help and after waiting 5 minutes for a response I closed the chat window.

Is it too early to renew? (2.5 months?)

Also, what is the policy on refunding unused Line Rental Saver? The plusnet website says this is not possible but it appears as if BT have had their wrists slapped for not doing this when people have left?

Hope this makes sense,

Many Thanks. Smiley

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What happens at the end of my fibre contract?

Hi there, 

Once a contract expires it reverts to a rolling 30 day contract. We'd not refund for any unused months of line rental saver I'm afraid but it's very likely that we could arrange a new deal for you. 

I'm not able to specify what that would be directly but I can arrange for a member of our retentions team to give you a call if you like?

Feel free to drop me a PM with the best contact number and if you have a preferred time. It would be best to drop a quick update on to this thread when you have. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
frindle2037
Dabbler

Thank you. I have pm’d you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot, I'll get that passed on for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@frindle2037

I think that you can get a new contract up to 3 months before your present one expires. I have done that in the past.

Dave