cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to"no price increases during contact... Ever"?

TimXJR1300
Dabbler

What happened to"no price increases during contact... Ever"?

I've just received an email entitled "Important information about your prices" stating that call charges are going to be increased for call setup, and call time for landlines together with call time for mobiles.

When I took this contract out, the TV advert spent a lot of time going on about how annoying it is to discover your charges increasing DURING YOUR CONTRACT.
Please explain why this increase is now being proposed?
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: What happened to"no price increases during contact... Ever"?

I'm afraid the 'No price increases' only applies to the monthly recurring subscription charges e.g line rental, broadband & call plans. It doesn't apply to ad-hoc charges like calls not covered by a call plan.

Annoying, isn't it, but that's what OFCOM determined as requiring to be covered by the no price increase for fixed term contracts and I'm pretty sure it's in the T & C's somewhere...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: What happened to"no price increases during contact... Ever"?

@TimXJR1300 Hi there, thanks for reaching out on our Forum. The price fix is included in line rental and the broadband contract, our call plans or anything else that is an 'add - on' can change in price and call set up charges, but of course we would email those customers impacted by the price change.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team