cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do i need to do to change over to BT home essentials 2

Stylin
Grafter

What do i need to do to change over to BT home essentials 2

Just learned about BT home essentials discounted packages.

going to change over, im currently out of contract with plusnet paying 42 quid a month for 40mb download speeds.

what process do i take to stop plusnet service?  on their website it says they will handle the process. will they close my account with plusnet for me and thats that?

how long will it take for me to get reconnected?

thanks.

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Stylin
Grafter

Re: What do i need to do to change over to BT home essentials 2

are staff active here? 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Unfortunately, @Stylin , staff are extremely thin on the ground, and fellow Community members are trying to be as helpful as possible.

To answer your question (or part of it), you need to call PN and advise them you wish to transfer to the BT Essentials product, as advised in the screenshot in your post. As to the time-line, maybe you will get more advice when you call.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Actually, if you are out of contract (therefore not liable for Early Termination Charges) just instruct BT Retail to take over your telephone and internet services.  You do not need to tell Plusnet anything.  They will take the line take over as 14 days' notice.  See section 15 of the T&Cs...

15. Your right to end our agreement

15.1. If you want to end our agreement, unless you're inside the cancellation period set out in paragraph 9, you'll need to give us 14 days' notice. We'll continue to provide the services and you'll need to pay for all charges during this period.

15.2. If someone else requests that we end our agreement (for example a provider you're transferring to) we'll accept that notice but will email you, asking you to confirm that this is what you want. If we don't hear from you within 10 working days we'll stop providing your service.

15.3. If you cancel your Direct Debit without contacting us to arrange payment by alternative means, we may assume you want to end our agreement.

15.4. If you choose to end our agreement for any service within the minimum term (except where you're inside the cancellation period set out at paragraph 9 or we make a change as set out at paragraph 18 (other than where we make a change as set out in paragraph 18.1.5, paragraphs 18.3 to 18.5 or paragraph 18.10)) you'll have to pay an early termination charge as set out in the Price Guide. Other charges may be due as set in the Price Guide and/or the relevant Service Terms.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Cheers, @Townman . I forgot the 'out of contract' bit.

John