cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What constitutes a 'new' customer

Access_Denied

What constitutes a 'new' customer

Hello folks, 

Since the online 'chat' isn't a chat, i have come on here hoping someone can answer an easy question

My 18M contract is up for renewal in 10 days time, offer price matches new customer price (£24.99/18M) but new customers get a nice juicy £70 reward card.

If I didn't renew and cancelled, would someone else at the same address, same surname, but different bank account be allowed to sign up as a 'new' customer and therefore receive the card?

Thanks!

A_D

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: What constitutes a 'new' customer

@Access_Denied 

There’s nothing to stop a second person at the same address taking out their own separate contract. They would get a different phone number of course.

I have no idea whether it’s possible to port a mobile number to a different person, it sounds difficult to me.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Access_Denied

Thanks for the quick reply, but you've lost me with the mobile number reference..........🤔

As for the landline number, we dont use a home phone, purely there for the broadband 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Access_Denied 

Sorry, ignore all that I have written. Somehow I got it into my head that you were referring to a mobile contract.

If you cancel your broadband contract then there will be a delay before the change over to the new customer. This might be reduced if the new user takes over your working service rather than you cancelling. Either way you will be without an Internet connection for a period. 
Also be aware that you will lose access to your email account, which will be deleted and that email accounts are no longer provided to new customers.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Access_Denied. I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you! As @Baldrick1 has mentioned, signing up as a new customer would unfortunately lead to a period without connection and you would also lose access to your Plusnet email address, if you use it. If you've not done so already, I'd recommend that you speak to our Customer Options team as they have access to our best renewal offers. The team's direct number is 0800 013 2632.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team