cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you on about?

tinto
Grafter

What are you on about?

I had an e-mail from you on 3rd. inst advising me you would be taking a direct debit from my bank account on 7th. inst yet I've just now had a message from you today 6th. inst claiming that a payment is overdue.
Not the first time this has happened, and not nice plusnet, please sort it out
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: What are you on about?

Hi there,
I've checked your account and can see no tickets on there save the ones you mention from the 3rd, so it doesn't look like the message was sent by us. Was the message you received via email, and if so do you have a copy you could either post here or in your ticket so we can have a look? If you could include the email headers along with that it'd really help us with the investigation.
Thanks very much, and sorry to hear that this has happened.
tinto
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Thanks for your time.
No it wasn't an email.  I was in the midst of something when a screen came up with a plusnet header and a message along the lines of " Sorry to interrupt your browsing but you appear to have forgotten to pay your last bill"  I could either contact plusnet there and then and pay online, or make other arrangements.
I was a bit irked at the time because after sending the message plusnet had closed both my browser and my email and I lost quite a bit of work which I had to redo.  I was also annoyed because the same thing has happened to me at least twice before, and when I reported it  to plusnet they apologised, and said that steps would be taken to ensure it didn't happen again.
I hope you can get this sorted out
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, that's definitely not right - you shouldn't be seeing that page until (iirc) at least a week or so after payment is due, if it's not being collected (your account shows we're currently collecting the fees from your direct debit). Have you seen it again since? I've had another look now we know where the message has come from, and the service offer is correct (I believe that's how it's differentiated).
tinto
Grafter

Hi Matt,
No, I haven't seen the page again,  but the due payment has been collected so I wouldn't expect to.
As I said I wouldn't have bothered about it but for the fact that my browser and email client was closed down and I had to redo quite a bit of work
Cheers
BC
tinto
Grafter

Hi Plusnet,
I complained to you on 3rd of this month ( better not try to be clever and say inst.) about a message that I'd missed a payment when payment wasn't due.
Well,  guess what, yep, you're right, less than two weeks later, just over a week since you debitted my account, and I get the same message again.  Fortunately, no damage done this time as it came up before I had time to do any thing else, but it's a pest I could well do without.
Can you get Jim to fix it this time instead of Matt?  Tongue Tongue
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tinto,
Really sorry it's happened again. Is this from the account that's linked to your forum login, or a different one?