cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What an almighty cock up :((

debbietighe

What an almighty cock up :((

After being with plusnet phone and broadband for a year, I informed them on the 8th that I was moving home to my mothers. She is in her 80's and has had a BT line for years so I explained that I did not want to disturb that ,and just wanted to take broadband with me. I negotiated a 12mnth contract for broadband only . I was sent one email to say it was 12 mnths, one to say 24 mnths, and yet another 2 days later to say they would be supplying broadband AND PHONE!!!!!! On 24th and detailing my NEW number :((((
I go to Africa on 28th for a month and they are going to beggar up my mums phone line and contract with BT completely off their own bat! My mum relies on carers etc and it is important that she can be contacted.
What on earth am I going to do if they mess this all up now! I'm out of my mind with worry. The person that has chimed in from plusnet to say the phone will be changed, I haven't even had any contact with.
Sorry to rant but mums not gonna be able to cope with all this whilst I'm away
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: What an almighty cock up :((

I think you are right to be concerned. The Customer Relations Team might not be here now until Monday but you could ring the Service Centre over the weekend. I think the Provisioning Team are in the office during the day on Saturday.
The better solution might have been to get another line installed for your own use independent of your mother's. Your existing broadband and phone service could then have been moved onto your new line as part of a "House Move".. Installation of the new line would cost £49.99 and line rental would have to paid but I think the house move would be free if you re-contract.
This has the advantage that your mother's phone service should not be affected.
David
debbietighe

Thanks spraxyt  Smiley I'll ring them tomorrow.
If they'd said it was too difficult for them to achieve, I would have gone with another provider. As it is, I think it's safest now if I just cancel everything. That way they shouldn't touch anything. Sad that I asked them at all to be honest.
But grateful for your info Smiley
daro2096
Grafter

I had the same sort of a problem but in reverse. Moving out. New place needed phoneline and broadband. My dad uses BT for the phone only. So at the old place when the broadband was switched off the numpties switched off my dad's phone line too. Dad is without a phone line until Monday.