cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird "Home phone cancellation stopped" email

for_benp
Hooked

Weird "Home phone cancellation stopped" email

I took up a phone + broadband contract with Plusnet about a month ago when we moved. Today, out of the blue, I received an email from Plusnet with the subject line "Home phone - cancellation stopped"…

Thanks for deciding to stay with Plusnet.

Your request to move your Home Phone product away has now been cancelled.

This email confirms that your transfer has been stopped and that your Home Phone product won't be changed.

You don't need to do anything and you will continue to be billed for your service as usual.

What I don't understand is (a) I haven't requested my phone be cancelled, and; (b) nor has anyone else.

Is this just some random glitch in the matrix?

4 REPLIES 4
for_benp
Hooked

Re: Weird "Home phone cancellation stopped" email

By way of an update I've now had a SMS and email telling me that my phone line is being taken over. Extraordinary.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@for_benp I suggest you contact PN - sounds like another provider has entered the wrong information in a take-over request - it happens, and can be a right pain to sort if you don't get hold of the right individual.

John
for_benp
Hooked

Thanks John. I sorted it out (hopefully) with Plusnet, but everyone was very confused – especially as the notification that the cancellation had been stopped came before the notification about taking over the line.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Good - but keep your eyes on it - the other provider may try again, with the same errors occurring.

John