cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Software Error - when I try to upgrade from Fibre to Fibre Extra

kalaw

Website Software Error - when I try to upgrade from Fibre to Fibre Extra

Hi All

When I try to upgrade to the fastest fibre package through the website, I receive the following message and am returned to the Plusnet Home screen.  It gives the impression that this is a temporary issue but has been going on for months.  I've tried different browsers/computers/etc. with the same problem.  Has anyone else seen this, and if so, how did you resolve?

cheers!!!!

Website Software Error
Website Software Error

Due to a fault with our site we're unable to complete your request. We take problems of this kind extremely seriously. The error has been recorded and our development staff will investigate shortly.

You will now be redirected to our main site.

8 REPLIES 8
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Website Software Error - when I try to upgrade from Fibre to Fibre Extra

@kalaw 

Are you out of contract or approaching the end of it?

Kind Regards,

CJT
kalaw

Hi there

Yes, I am out of contract - by about 1 month.

cheers!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @kalaw 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues upgrading online. For want of a better word, the product change tool on your account seems to be broken. I've given things a poke and that seems to have done something. 

I don't think it's fully fixed though but I'm going to need some greater magic. I'll post back when I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @kalaw It looks like that's made things a lot worse, after only temporarily fixing the issue. Sad I've discussed this with a colleague from the relevant team, and the easiest and quickest way to resolve this so you'll have a fibre extra service asap is to create a new account for you. If you would like to go ahead, could you let me know when there'd be a good time for a call?

[edit]

I've added a bit more detail onto a support ticket Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kalaw

Hi there!

Thank you for having a prod - even if it didn't fix it 🙂

I guess the only concern for me is that as me and my other half are both working from home and NEED this is be working - is there a risk with creating a new account that we lose access?  If it was me just worried about not being able to stream TV shows then I'd be happy to risk it.  Is this something I don't really need to worry about?

Again, many thanks for looking into this for me

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @kalaw 

No problem, creating a new account won't affect your broadband service in any way as I'd just be transferring the active service across. However in order for this to 'fix' the issue we'd need to change your landline number otherwise it'd likely cause further complications when doing the transfer. Let me know if that's a deal breaker.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kalaw

It is, I'm afraid!  We simply can't take the risk right now and at the end of the day the service is running as expected, so we'll keep it like this for the time being.

Thank you for you speedy responses and help!

regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, feel free to drop me a PM in the future if you decide to go for a new account (should that still be necessary) and I'll be happy to oversee and arrange this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet