Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web page and email message disagree on price

FIXED
LeonardW
Hooked

Web page and email message disagree on price

I have recently renewed my contract and on completing that process the web page said:

New package price: £12.00 per month (£19.99 after 18 months). When your Line Rental Saver contract expires, you'll also start paying £19.99 monthly line rental.

However I then received an email message saying:

From 19/04/2020, your monthly subscription will be £31.99 for 18 months. Following this your monthly subscription will be £39.98. ... When your Line Rental Saver contract expires, you'll also start paying £19.99 monthly line rental.

These two are clearly contradictory, and I certainly would not pay the higher price given in the email message.

I have been unable to contact Customer Services to resolve this, because there is a 20 minute wait for the telephone to be answered, on-line chat is unavailable, and Plusnet refuses to accept email messages. It is very unsatisfactory that a company that sells email services should not allow customers to use such services to contact them. Plusnet suggests using Twitter, which doesn't seem like a professional approach - I have tried it, but not had any response. They also suggested "raising a ticket" but didn't provide any link to a page on which this can be done. I am trying this forum, which they suggested on their telephone recorded response message, as a last resort

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Web page and email message disagree on price

Fix

Hi there and sorry for any confusion this has caused. 

The emails confirming pricing don't take into account any discounts we apply as part of a deal . 

I've checked and those are definitely in place. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LeonardW
Hooked

Re: Web page and email message disagree on price

OK, thanks. It is very misleading for you to send email messages which show prices different from those I will actually pay, with no explanation, but I'm glad to know that the lower price shown on your web page is correct.

It's still irritating that you push customers to use a public forum such as this instead of letting us communicate with you by ordinary email.