cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are now preparing your account.. For 24hrs+ ?

am77
Grafter

We are now preparing your account.. For 24hrs+ ?

Hello, sorry for the cryptic sounding subject.  Cheesy
Ordered Fibre yesterday on a phoneline that has no broadband associated with it (have bb on other line which will be cancelled once up and running with Plusnet).  All debit details and initial payment taken and a new @username.plus.com email setup, as the form upon signup wouldn't let me use my @gmail address.
Now the question is that in my members center I've had the following message since I had access to it
Thank you for your order. We are now preparing your account. We will send you an email confirmation once your account is ready to use.

The @.plus.com email is already working (outbound and inbound) so there is an 'account' of sorts..
I'm a patient fellow (usually  Tongue ) but just slightly concerned what with Good Friday / Bank Holiday Monday coming up, and a install date for Wed 03 April (fingers crossed)
25 REPLIES 25
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: We are now preparing your account.. For 24hrs+ ?

Hi,
I've just given one of our Provisioning Agents a nudge to take a look at things for you Smiley
am77
Grafter

Thanks  Smiley
I've also raised a ticket as I found the 'order status' page (not very obvious to find) and it says that there is a problem on the line.  I'd hope that this is nothing major as there should be no 'tags' on this line and it's been installed in this house ever since we moved in some 25+ yrs ago.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ahh, I've found that ticket too. Amy will provide you with a full update via that ticket to let you know what's going on.
We'll get it sorted out for you Smiley
am77
Grafter

Thanks Chris,  I shall await a response from Amy  Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just to update you, Amy has passed this over to Ryan who is in the process of getting in touch with our suppliers to get this sorted.
am77
Grafter

Thanks Chris, have just had replies to the ticket. 
am77
Grafter

Router arrived yesterday, but I have a support ticket still 'open' regarding the engineer appointment since Good Friday (was held in system after a reply on Bank Holiday Monday and released at 07:10 Tuesday).  ID:67563427 
It is regarding the engineer appointment on the 8th April and what time he or she is booked for.  (couldn't answer in ticket on Monday as the order wasn't committed with your suppliers)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
Your order isn't yet showing as confirmed, I'll get this chased up and we'll update your ticket ASAP.
am77
Grafter

Thanks Chris  :), nothing heard as of yet..
am77
Grafter

Surprised to get a reply on a Sunday, however, it has told me nothing new - order still not confirmed by supplier, yet router arrived and had text message to say that my service will be "Live" from 00:00 on 9 April 2013.  Members control panel still says that installation is due on 08/04/13 (tommorow) so I'll guess that either the engineer will turn up or not. 
Coming up to two weeks since the initial order, so had hoped that even with Easter being in the way that things would be ready now.  Sad
The Ticket has been kicked to the BOT - FTTC Appointments again with the next action being at 07:00 08/04, so would be nice if this could be looked at without waiting for another 5 or so days (as per the last one, as I believe manually adding details drops it back to the bottom of the queue)

Thanks for any help or assistance in this matter.  Smiley
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hey there am77,
Just to set the ball straight and to give you accurate information.
I've just checked the order for you, on the 3rd April we received a "Delay" notification on the order advising there is an "exception" (no idea what this is.. unfortunately) on the line, which is causing delay with a review date of 9th April.
The engineer appointment hasn't been assigned or confirmed, so sadly, no engineer will be attending tomorrow Sad
I apologise for the delays in getting this sorted, I can see the length of time you've been waiting for this here's to hoping we get some good news on the 9th.
Regards,
Matt
am77
Grafter

Thanks Matt. 
It's a shame this wasn't explained properly via the ticket system or even a good old fashioned telephone call made.  The "Members Center" confuses the issue by saying
We'll arrange for your fibre broadband service to be installed. This will happen on 08/04/2013
  that implies that there are no problems.
As the engineer hasn't been assigned / confirmed, why did the 'System' send a text message to say that the service would be live on the 9th ?  Perhaps the systems / procedures in place might want looking at to make sure that other customers aren't given false hope over their broadband orders.
Fingers crossed that the issue(s) that BTWholesale are having will be solved on the 9th, as I see no reason why it's held up apart from a lack of capacity at the cabinet as it's a phone line with no ISP tags involved and always been in good standing with BT Retail.
Hopefully the information can flow a bit more freely in the future..  Wink
am77
Grafter

Another update... 
Question [ 67563427 ] has now been returned to the BOT - FTTC Appointments pool, so that ticket is now in the 'system' again.
Also received the following emails  "Plusnet Broadband - Order Update" which has an attached .pdf on how to set things up / use plusnet and also says that a BT engineer will be visiting to set up the BT fibre, and also an email about the "Plusnet Protect" software.
It seems then that the Automated systems aren't aware that I'm not being installed today, and I hope that billing will not start until I'm actually live.  This is starting to turn into a bit of a nightmare to be honest, something that I hoped to avoid by choosing Plusnet rather than going through BTRetail as I've had bad experience with off shore call centers not understanding the most basic of fault reporting.
Would appreciate some sort of communication asap regarding the billing with the Automated systems still thinking I'm live today and also asap once BTWholesale are contacted tommorow.
Many thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm sorry to say that the account has activated. You shouldn't be charged for anything as you've already paid the first month's subscriptions however we'll of course make sure you're refunded for the time the service hasn't been available - this will be done as soon as the service goes active.
Really sorry about this.