cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch out for Plusnet superbills after their IT mess up

emjauk

Watch out for Plusnet superbills after their IT mess up

Since swapping from normal broadband to fibre in December I have been stuck in the infamous billing cycle. Had to change my email address as no emails could be sent to old email address (that had worked for years) and basically it has been a complete farce. Lets not mention the Youview box.

I rang in March as the problem still hadn't been resolved and not a word had been sent from plusnet to keep me updated on anything. I was told not to worry, I wouldn't be hit with a big bill and that something would be sorted.

But then at 21.55 last night, just as they close, an email arrived with my bill. 

It was for the full amount from December. No discount applied for the inconvenience, no payment plan offered, just told they will be taking the money on the 24th.

On calling a representative, I was told to make a complaint online, this was reiterated with a message on making a complaint online. Oddly when going to make a complaint online, it tells you to call.

I then had a look on the forum, for other people in the same boat. some had been stuck in the billing issue for much longer. There was hope for them, the 90 day only billing would be applied.

We’re aware that a small number of customers are still experiencing problems from our new billing system and we’re working hard to fix these legacy issues. We want to reassure those affected that may not have received a bill from us recently, we’re doing all we can to get everything back on track. We’re sorry that this isn’t the service customers have come to expect from us and give our assurance this will be sorted as soon as we can.

Under circumstances where bills have not been generated for longer than a 90 day period, we will only charge for the last 90 days leading up to the bill being generated and anything prior to this will be removed. We're also happy to set up a payment plan if the 90 day bill period is not affordable in one payment.

I went online to ask if this would be applied to all customers and the answer was a clear NO. Basically unlucky, you might have been stuck in our IT system problem but we wont be discounting your bill. The FULL amount, since the 19th December has to be paid.  No payment plan, nothing.

So thank you Plusnet for being so helpful and considerate to your customers. 

Sadly I am tied in to a contract with you for 18 months.

No I would not like to recommend you to a friend. 

3 REPLIES 3
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Watch out for Plusnet superbills after their IT mess up

Hello @emjauk

I am deeply sorry that we had not communicated recently with yourself in regards to your account billing service and for the dis-satisfactory experience you have had with ourselves.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this ticket by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

idxPN
Grafter

I have not been billed since September and neither has my father.

I too had been reassured by postings from Plusnet staff on this forum that we would not be back billed beyond 90 days. Are Plusnet now reneging on this promise?

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @idxPN

I can confirm we will only charge for up to 90 days leading up to the invoice generating if affected by this problem where billing has been suspended on the account.

The invoice that will be issued out will breakdown the charges.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.