cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting confirmation of account cancellation and refund

GaryCollinson81

Wanting confirmation of account cancellation and refund

To cut a long story short, I paid installation fee on December 18th, was told I'd have broadband installed mid-January. After being misled about several delays, I was told external work was completed on February 18th and an appointment was made for internal installation on March 4th. After taking a day off work for this (and losing money), no engineer bothered to show up (had I missed the appointment, I'd be liable for costs - but this only seems to work one way). I then received a phone call on March 5th telling me the reason was that the external work had never been completed in the first place, and that I'd get an update on April 18th - an update, not installation - FOUR MONTHS AFTER I PAID FOR THE SERVICE.
Obviously this is unacceptable, and I made it clear I wanted my account cancelled and a full refund. I've been waiting over 48 hours for a response. I want confirmation that the refund has been processed. Frankly, I'm not prepared to call your customer service team again, as I've already spent over £150 mobile phone charges sitting on hold and listening to excuse after excuse. You are holding on to my money, for a service you have failed to provide. I want the installation fee refund processed immediately.
10 REPLIES 10
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Wanting confirmation of account cancellation and refund

Hi GaryCollinson81,
I'm really sorry to hear of the experience you've had.
In order to cancel and to receive the refund you would need to speak to our Customer Options House Moves Team. They are contactable on:
0800 432 0200
0345 140 0200 (you can call this number from your mobile and it will use your contracted minutes instead of charging you for the call or if you're on Pay As You Go it's charged at your normal landline network rate)
Their opening hours are:
Monday - Friday
9:00 - 20:00
Saturdays
9:00 - 17:30
GaryCollinson81

Linn
I've already informed them, but just like the installation of my broadband, nothing has been done.
I'm not wasting any more time, money or minutes sitting on hold only to be misled further. It's been made clear to the team my position, so I expect action to be taken. You have my mobile number, you call me if you need to speak to me again.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that you've commented on the ticket that is open on your account, however, you need to speak to the cancellations team in order for the account to be cancelled and the refund processed. I'm sorry for the long wait times, however, you would still need to speak to the relevant team to have this actioned.
GaryCollinson81

I told the person on the phone on the 5th I wanted it cancelled, but obviously this hasn't been done - which I guess I should have expected, seeing as I've been misled from day 1 about the lack of action that's been taken on your part with regards to installing the line. So I guess I'll have to waste more time on hold.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm sorry that nothing has been done.
As Linn has mentioned, you need to speak to the Customer Options Team who deal with retentions and cancellations, rather than the Provisioning Team.
If you give them a call, they will be able to assist you in getting your account closed off.
GaryCollinson81

So, I wasted another half an hour of my life on hold last Friday, eventually got the account cancelled and was told I'd have the refund in my bank today (sadly they refused to do anything about the money I've lost taking days off work for engineers appointments who never bothered to turn up) . Surprise surprise, no refund. I can't log in to raise another ticket, and there is no way I'm waiting on hold again, so please confirm to me when I will receive this money.
And I find it laughable that I was told an engineer couldn't give me an update until April 18th (for an order I placed and paid for on December 18th), when I now have a BT openreach engineer in my house installing a phone line from another provider, 7 days after I placed the order with them.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suggest you investigate the Small Claims court to recoup all your losses.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
GaryCollinson81

This is bordering on criminal. They've taken money for a service they failed to provide, outright lied in order to deflect their utter incompetence, and are now holding on to my installation fee despite me being told I would be refunded by today. And that doesn't even take into account the hundreds I've spent ringing their overpriced customer "service", and missing days for appointments that they never turned up for.
I want answers Plusnet - where is my money?
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm not sure how you can call a free to call customer service overpriced (unless you were stupid enough to call an 0800 number from a mobile phone)!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi GaryCollinson81,
Please be advised that a credit/debit card refund can take 7-10 working days for the money to appear in your account and for direct debits it's normally 10 working days. Still, I've asked a member of our billing team to have a look into this for you. I suspect the refund will appear in your bank early-mid next week.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.