cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted to change my billing date, now I'm much more concerned!

mmace
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Wanted to change my billing date, now I'm much more concerned!

I was trying to see if I could change my billing date,when I go to that page it says I cannot as "This account is due to be closed"
Now, I'm still within my 18 month contract and I've never once contacted PN to say I'm leaving or I want to leave.

This is very concerning, but what I want to know is, why would this even be put on my account and why would I not be informed?

I've chatted to support, they don't know why it says that and they also cannot change my billing date. Not great service!

My billing date is the 14th of each month but my payday is the 15th of each month, I only want to move it a day later.

9 REPLIES 9
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Wanted to change my billing date, now I'm much more concerned!

Hi @mmace,

Firstly I'd like to assure you the account is not due to close. It's related to an internal problem where a small number of account are unable to have their billing dates changed and throw up the account closure error, there is no explanation as to why that particular error gets thrown up because the accounts are not being closed, or transferred away.

I've added your account to the problem so it's logged down, but unfortunately at the moment that's the only option we have. We're also currently unable to provide you a timescale as to when it will be fixed. 

Mackem1973
Grafter

Don't see the point of billing dates all the time ive been with plusnet they have never take my bill out on the date chosen and now its taking over a week before its coming out  my billing date is 25th yet money is not coming out till 3rd why is that ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

If you pay by direct debit then the money won't leave your bank or building society on your bill date. As per the advance notice of the direct debit guarantee, we need to provide you with an advance notice, which begins from your bill date.

It can also generally takes 5-7 working days for a direct debit payment to be processed. If you're wanting the money to be leave your bank on your bill date(providing it's a working day) then I'd recommend changing your payment method to a card.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mmace
Grafter

Cheers guys, I'm now getting a different error (below)

Is there any way you can change the payment date this coming bill as I still cannot do it myself and the person on live chat couldn't do it either?
The money always goes out on the 14th but my pay day is the 15th and I'd rather always have the money available!

On another note, ever since I joined PlusNet, I have my forum posts set to email me when there's any updates to my posts, I've never once received an email.

The new error when trying to change my bill date is:

A processing error has occurred  

Object key  
Error Message <%= StringUtils.decodeCrossOSString(Param.pyErrorMessage); %>

Stack Trace  
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @mmace

We're really sorry to hear that you are unable to change your billing date. 

This is something we are aware of regarding certain accounts since our billing update. 

Please rest assured we have raised this for you with our back office IT team who are currently working through a number of accounts for a resolution regarding this issues. I'm afraid we can't provide a set date for the fix but we'll update you as soon as we know more.

Thank you.

mmace
Grafter

I've had a notification to say I've had a ticket opened and that my broadband order will be complete in 5-7 days, is that something to do with this as I've not ordered anything?
Thanks
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @mmace sorry that you have received this notification, it was updated to your account in error, so please ignore it.

As per OllieC's response the relevant team are working on resolving the issues with changing billing dates and we will update you further once this has been resolved.

Tony47

@mmace wrote:

I was trying to see if I could change my billing date,when I go to that page it says I cannot as "This account is due to be closed"
Now, I'm still within my 18 month contract and I've never once contacted PN to say I'm leaving or I want to leave.

This is very concerning, but what I want to know is, why would this even be put on my account and why would I not be informed?

I've chatted to support, they don't know why it says that and they also cannot change my billing date. Not great service!

My billing date is the 14th of each month but my payday is the 15th of each month, I only want to move it a day later.

Me too, billed on the 10th but can only pay on or after the 18th. Have to phone up to remove restrictions after 2/3 days so twice at least before I can pay the outstanding amount. Then I'm told that after paying I can change my payment date. For months now that has also not been possible as my account states "Bill date change cannot be performed due to the following reasons: This account is due to be Closed" NO IT'S NOT. Sort yourselves out Plusnet and/or get support technicians that can allow this change to happen.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello, @Tony47 I am deeply sorry to hear you are unable to change your bill date.

We are aware of this issue, and there is a team assigned to work on the accounts impacted by this issue.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused by this. We will keep you up to date on any new notifications we have regarding this matter.

Best wishes.