cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to upgrade my fibre package but theres a problem...

kris214

Want to upgrade my fibre package but theres a problem...

Hi. Hope someone can help.
Lately I've been exceeding my monthly usage allowance of 40GB and last month I was charged an extra £10 for a further 10GB of data. I've decided I want to upgrade from the 40GB allowance offered on my £16.49 fibre package and replace it with the 250GB allowance for £19.99 per month.
When I came to Plusnet I purchased the phone line rental in advance for 12 months. But when I follow through the steps online to change my package on the summary page it states I've to pay monthly line rental at £13.99 and that coupled with the £19.99 fibre package brings my new monthly amount to £33.98, a fair increase from the £16.49 I currently pay and also rather insulting seeing as I've paid for line rental in advance up until July 2013.
Is this just a glitch or would I indeed have to pay more line rental on top of what I've paid in advance?

Many thanks,
Kris.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Want to upgrade my fibre package but theres a problem...

it's a glitch - you don't pay any line rental as you have paid 12 months in advance
There have been a number of posts on that but given the rotten search system they are difficult to find  Shocked
kris214

Thanks for the reply Oldjim. So if I go ahead and place the order will they automatically take off the £13.99 line rental charge?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think this staff post explains the reason why the full price appears during the upgrade process. The full price gets included in the invoice then it's discounted during the billing run so you actually pay a zero amount.
So just go for it. Smiley
David
kris214

Many thanks spraxyt. I've just gone through the process and it should take effect from tomorrow as thats my billing date. Hope to see a higher download speed too Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Regrade from 40/10 to 80/20 requires an order to be placed on BT. This takes a few days to complete so you won't see the increased speed immediately. However you do get the increased monthly allowance straight away.
David
kris214

Thanks spraxyt. The new fibre package I'm on says the speeds will be 63/20 and yes the new 250gb download allowance has taken effect. Off now to download me loads of stuff Smiley Thanks again to everyone for the replies.
Kris.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

A very timely upgrade for you. Smiley
David