cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to leave due plus net to the price increases!

MW45
Grafter

Want to leave due plus net to the price increases!

I received an email the other day about the price changes to line rental, am I right in thinking I can terminate my contract early without being charged any fees, as I can get a much better deal with talktalk, I just tried ringing the so-called awarded customer service but is a 20 minute wait! (I don't call that good customer service)
12 REPLIES 12
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Want to leave due plus net to the price increases!

I'm sorry to hear that you want to leave. You are correct in that you can cancel free of charge within 30 days of receipt of the email.
Your best bet would be to speak with our customer options teams directly on 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MW45
Grafter

Thank you for your reply but there's a 15 minute wait on them for numbers also, worse than talktalk customer support and that's saying something. I will try again in the morning I would just like the say what previous other people have said, plus net used to be really good value for money and great customer service, you would be answered within four or five minutes or less, but recently my broadband dropping out and now price increases and 15 to 20 minute customer support waiting times, this just makes me want to leave even more.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

At the time of writing, our queue time for Customer Options is looking like four minutes 30 seconds at the moment. Were you advised 15 minutes by the IVR?
I do appreciate your comments, and I'll ensure that they're taken on board.
Matty
MW45
Grafter

I managed to get through on the phone and come to an arrangement so I'm staying, the person said he would send me an email confirming the deal, but I have not received it yet, is it possible you could check to see my account has been updated to the last six months of my contract I will only be paying £10 instead of 15 for the fibre broadband
Thank you
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I will be paying £3 a month with BT for fibre broadband, so no, you didn't get such a good deal! And BT has got a few advantages, such as a better router, integrated modem, BT Wifi in the UK etc.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@MW45 - Can you see this?
MW45
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
@MW45 - Can you see this?

yes thanks
MW45
Grafter

Quote from: Sebtomato
I will be paying £3 a month with BT for fibre broadband, so no, you didn't get such a good deal! And BT has got a few advantages, such as a better router, integrated modem, BT Wifi in the UK etc.

The only BT package I can find unlimited download is £12.50 a month, £16.99 line rental and £35 activation fee. so this is not good work out cheaper for me, I also know someone on BT and they worse than talktalk for reliability
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I would assume the  £3 is after the cashback and offers are deducted.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sebtomato
Rising Star

Indeed, it was the equivalent of £3 a month (excluding line rental) after discount, cashback and gift card, and including fees, for unlimited fibre.
When I did it last week, it was £85 cashback and £100 gift card, and 1£2.50 per month.
You can currently get £115 cashback and a £50 Sainsbury gift card, and pay £10 a month (so an even better offer).
That's a yearly total of:
12 x £10 + £35 (fee) + £6.99 (delivery) - £115 - £50
I am currently paying £20 a month for this with Plusnet, and they cannot of course match this. Also, BT is only a 12 months contract (and I am sure there will be many offers in 12 months' time), and a much better router with integrated modem than Plusnet. Also, BT Wifi/FON throughout the UK and worldwide is included.
I don't believe a BT infinity connection would be any slower or less reliable than Plusnet. In term of customer service/support (excluding physical installations, done by the same people), BT are going to be a lot worse, but that's not worth £200 a year for me.
g1000
Grafter

I just took the BT Infinity 40/10 Unlimited deal mentioned above. A grand total of £-3 for 12 months. I like getting paid to have fibre broadband  Smiley
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Now, it's even better
£136 cashback (TCB) or £150 (Quidco)
£10 a month
£50 Sainsbury gift card...