cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to delete card and am being wrongly charged

sjosz
Hooked

Want to delete card and am being wrongly charged

I have been notified that I will be charged for a service when I have in fact left Plusnet. There are no outstanding charges on my account and I do not want to pay for a service I am not receiving. I would like to delete my card details from my account but there seems to be no option for this. I would be incredibly grateful for anyone's help as this is very frustrating. Fuller details are below.

I was paying by direct debit but after a payment for some reason I can not understand did not go through, I was forced to add my card details to my account. Now I have (finally) changed my broadband provider, I have received an email from PLusnet informing me I will be charged for my service on 2nd October as usual, despite the fact I have had a new broadband provider since 25th September.

I will not be surprised if Plisnet tries to tell me this is due to some outstanding payment that doesn't exist. This is a mistake that will be taken on 2nd Oct is a mistake, so I wanted to delete my card details from my Plusnet account, but conveniently for Plusnet, there is no option to do this!

4 REPLIES 4
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Want to delete card and am being wrongly charged

If you go to edit the card details, can you put in a wrong card number?

sjosz
Hooked

Hmmm...could do. But I don't want them hounding me for money I don't owe when the card payment fails.

I'd like confirmation that this bill is wrong and for my account to be deleted. Unfortunately it's the usual 40 minute wait to talk to an advisor on the phone and the online chat hasn't been available for months.

It's ridiculous that Plusnet advertises its "UK-based customer service" when it is almost impossible to speak to someone. You've got to post in a community forum in what feels like the vague hope that a staff member finds your post... so frustrating and glad to be leaving (well, I think I'm leaving... Plusnet is clinging on to my account).

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

You could use the link below to raise a ticket regarding billing. This would give you a record of the dialogue between you and Plusnet, rather than relying on a phone call which may or may not be recorded properly. 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22236&wizard_id=38

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @sjosz

I’m really sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. I have looked into this and responded via ticket on your account. You can view the details on the following link by Clicking Here

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.