Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for refund

aidan19
Hooked

Waiting for refund

Hi,

I have been waiting for a refund of over £130 for 2 months now and still not received any of it. I have been in contact with Plusnet 10+ times and have a manager looking into the situation for me. He had promised me the money over a week ago now and I still have not seen any of it. I feel so defeated by the situation as I've explained to them multiple times that I need that money, however, no one seems to be able to help. Does anyone know of any further action I can take to get the money back? 

I find it ridiculous that a company can take your money for so long and not try their hardest to give it back as soon as possible!

Thanks, 

Aidan

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Waiting for refund

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

You could try talking to your local Citizen's Advice - they will be able to advise on the best way to proceed.

You could also talk to your bank or card provider (depending on how you paid). You can ask for a disputed direct debit to be refunded by the bank, and credit card providers are jointly liable with the retailer for purchases over £100. Of course if the refund crosses with a charge-back then it can complicate things, so I'd go with whatever Citizen's advice recommend.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@aidan19 wrote:

Hi,

I have been waiting for a refund of over £130 for 2 months now and still not received any of it. I have been in contact with Plusnet 10+ times and have a manager looking into the situation for me. He had promised me the money over a week ago now and I still have not seen any of it. I feel so defeated by the situation as I've explained to them multiple times that I need that money, however, no one seems to be able to help. Does anyone know of any further action I can take to get the money back? 

I find it ridiculous that a company can take your money for so long and not try their hardest to give it back as soon as possible!

Thanks, 

Aidan

@aidan19

Have you any open support ticket's (questions) on you account about this? 

Is you are logged into the Member Centre use this link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/ at the bottom of the page see "your questions" 

Kind Regards,

CJT
aidan19
Hooked

Hi CJT,

Yes I've had a ticket open for a while now and I last posted in it on the 19th and haven't heard back. The ticket does not state anything about the refund however.

The ticket which first states the refund has since closed therefore I cannot access it.

Thanks,

Aidan
aidan19
Hooked

Thanks for your help corringham, 

I will call citizens advice tomorrow to ask for further advice.

Thanks!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @aidan19, thanks for getting in touch. I am so very sorry to hear about the lack of refund in relation to your £130.00. I have created a ticket for you here.

I hope this helps.

mickeyetc
Grafter

contact the ombudsman and bbc watchdog

Hi

just a heads up to all the customers that read this

I was mis-sold a product from plusnet and when I spoke to the tech team to clarify that plusnets broadband would do what I required the tech lady seemed uneducated and asked me "what is a VPN". so I cancelled my broadband/telephone as it was unfit for my working from home and I wasn't prepared to gamble that it would work.

All seemed fine, I got an email to say that there was no charge as I was in the 14 day cooling off period. (10 days)

To my horror these last few weeks as I noticed that the direct debits that was supposed to have been cancelled were being taken out. 3 months in total. I quickly got online and cancelled my direct debit on my banking app then contacted PlusNet.

The call took nearly 2 hours to get through and I was told that their updated system had issues and they would send out to my address a Cheque for the services I did not receive. This deadline for the cheque was today and it never arrived.

To make things worse when I cancelled the Direct debit I got numerous TxTs and emails threatening me to restrict my services and have additional costs put onto my account as the direct debits had been cancelled.

So this was the last straw.

I have passed all the correspondences to the Ombudsman and also the research team at the BBC watchdog programme.

I have spent about 12 hours in phone calls over the last 3 months and they have gotten me no where Once the Ombudsman has dealt with this Company I will be seeking litigation

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @mickeyetc,

We are really sorry for the experience you have had and saddened to hear you feel this way. We are aware that you have been affected by an issue we are currently working to resolve.

I can see that you have spoken to a colleague who has already taken the steps to resolve your complaint here.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mickeyetc
Grafter

more copy/pasting by you I see

aidan19
Hooked

Hello @Mads,

Thank you for opening a ticket, hopefully this helps but I am seriously doubtful as even after dealing with a manager he has lost contact with me after telling me I would receive the payment.

@mickeyetc I will wait and see if I receive the money from this ticket for a little bit but will definitely get in contact with Ombudsman if this problem persists. I have also been told from one of the chat support agents to ask the bank for a indemnity claim to get the direct debit back but I can imagine the problems I would have with Plusnet from taking the money back.

Thanks,

Aidan
mickeyetc
Grafter

Hi matey, below is the ombudsman's website

link

goto your emails and tickets and then print them out to a PDF file

Once you have logged onto the ombudsman's site and entered all your details

upload all the PDFs and he will do the rest

Once this is done you could also contact the bbc watchdog and or Trading Services

PlusNet should never treat its customers like this

aidan19
Hooked

Little update,

My account has now been closed so I no longer have access to my tickets...

@Mads how can I be expected to get my money now?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Aidan.

From what I can see the portal component on your account is still active, so you should be able to login still. Could you post up a screenshot of what you see when you try to login to the member centre?

Regards to the issue with your refund I've looked into this and added an extra reply on to this ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184351820

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ilicmc

Hi, I have the same problem.  I applied online to switch to PlusNet on 5th Nov 2018 but my request was never activated due to technical problems at PlusNet's end!  They still charged my credit card though, including £197 in advance for line rental saver.  PlusNet have from the outset accepted responsibility for the error but despite numerous efforts and hours on the phone to customer services I'm still waiting for a refund. I just feel that I'm being fobbed off all the time.  My complaint was "escalated" weeks ago and (I'm led to believe) it has subsequently been chased up but still no refund, or any indication of when I can expect it.  

I just want what is rightfully mine - is that too much to ask?