cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for refund. Impossible to get through on phone and no live chat today....

Jessie12

Waiting for refund. Impossible to get through on phone and no live chat today....

I had to cancel my registration with Plusnet after 1 day of registering as my current supplier still had 6 months to run. I was assured that the refund would be in my account in 5 days - now 2 weeks later and no refund. Plusnet phone line has a 30 minute wait and live chat is not working. This appears to be the only way of contacting someone. Is this usual? 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Waiting for refund. Impossible to get through on phone and no live chat today....

Hi Jessie,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Is this usual?

Well there can be delays at times, but right now things are unusually bad, arising from issues coming out of the first billing cycle with the new billing system.  There is a higher than normal volume of exception cases being processed, particularly relating to new sign-ups just prior to the switch over around the 28th August … which sounds as though that is about when you signed up and had to cancel.

Having posted here, one of the staffers should pick up the issue fairly quickly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jessie12

Re: Waiting for refund. Impossible to get through on phone and no live chat today....

Thank you Townman - I look forward to receiving my refund shortly.

Regards, Jessie

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @Jessie12,

Thanks for getting in touch via the forums. As my response includes some account specific info, I have created a ticket you can view here.