cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN do the messages stop??

Aliquant
Grafter

WHEN do the messages stop??

How long will it be before I stop receiving messages demanding payment?
This payment has been made already. It was one single missed direct debit due to circumstances beyond my control [I had to change bank accounts due to fraud on my account].
I did everything I could to inform plusnet as soon as possible that I wasn't able to pay in the usual way and to tell me how else I could pay. I gave new DD instructions which weren't registered in time. I later (as soon as I was able) registered a new payment card. It wasn't until 3 weeks after the payment was due PN actually told me some actual information how to resolve the matter (I simply had to click a couple of buttons to initiate payment; something PN had previously informed me would happen automatically).
Now I'm still getting messages via the help centre about the missed payment. And my phone is still incapable of making outgoing calls, despite PN informing me it would be turned back on the instant my payment was made.
For how much longer will I receive these messages, and for how much longer do I have to wait for my phone to be reinstated? It's not exactly pleasant to keep getting messages saying I haven't paid and going to be disconnected!
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: WHEN do the messages stop??

@AliT,
Sorry to hear about this, we've requested that the call barring be removed, that should happen within the next few hours. With regards to the messages on the member centre reboot your router (power off and on again) and that should clear that for you.
Apologies for any confusion, if you have any further concerns let me know and I'll be happy to look into it.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Aliquant
Grafter

Thank you. I had already rebooted the router but I'll give it another try.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi AliT,
Are you still getting those same messages, or did the router reboot sort things for you?
Aliquant
Grafter

I haven't received a message today; time only will tell I suppose. Surely PN staff should know when their own messages are sent out and how long it takes to stop them? I have no idea when to expect another one so I can only wait and see.
My phone is still blocked...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi AliT,
I've just had a chat with our provisioning team and it looks like we'd tried to cancel the call barring order but that had got stuck in the system - I'm really sorry about that.
We've closed that off and placed another order to remove the barring which should complete this afternoon for you.
Aliquant
Grafter

Thank you, my phone is now back on. However I am concerned that something somewhere has not registered; I received yesterday [Saturday] a letter through the post escalating the disconnection threats with added charges on top. Appreciating that these things are probably automatically generated, I would've hoped that by now even the automated stuff would have stopped. Can you please do something as I fear that if I don't somehow respond to these messages I'll end up just being disconnected completely.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi AliT,
Unfortunately the letter was posted on the 19th last week, just before we managed to sort everything out for you. I'm really sorry about that.
I can assure you I've checked with our finance team and everything is up to date - you won't be getting any more emails or letters and can safely ignore the one you received.
Many apologies.
Aliquant
Grafter

Thanks Matt.