Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher not arrived

steveadcock
Hooked

Voucher not arrived

Hello Plusnet,

My account went live 18th March and I have still not received my voucher. The reason I moved to Plusnet from Sky, was due to the cost of the monthly minus the voucher made it the best financial option.

I have had nothing through the post and had nothing in email.

When will I receive my voucher please?

Regards

Steven

5 REPLIES 5
steveadcock
Hooked

Re: Voucher not arrived

Anyone working this week? Can I have a reply?

We have double checked what post was received during COVID lockdown and I have also checked my email, there was nothing.

Regards

Steven

steveadcock
Hooked

for anyone following this.

Called yesterday and spoke to some guy who was really helpful. Said the voucher had not been generated and he had raised this with his manager, as she needed to agree to generate the said voucher. I was promised a call back between 14:00 and 14:30. I received no call and customer services is now rammed (maybe people phoning about the same thing, or the customer services manager has used all available lines to try and call me, but cant as I am trying to call them)....

Lets see what happens next.....

steveadcock
Hooked

the saga continues....

I had a reply back to my message yesterday that I sent on Monday via Facebook and via twitter. They sent me a link to see if that answered my question or if not, call this number or email them.

I called the number throughout the day yesterday and the lady who I now feel I know personally says "Due to a high number of calls. we are too busy to take your call"... she must be tired as thats what she said all day!

So I woke up this am thinking, I will call her just as she sits down with her coffee and will hopefully have time to take my call... Nope, she is still to busy at 08:03am, which tbh Plusnet I feel terrible for this lady, do you not have anyone else to take my call...

Should I email, as per the second option? TBH, since that poor lady is rammed with work, my guess is she is the same one responding to my Facebook messenger and my twitter, so emailing might send her over the top...

Will this ever end well I ask myself.... not one to give up though!

steveadcock
Hooked

Well she had a break and I managed to get through to some guy who wish he had a day off!

It started well, pleasantries, then we got into the nitty gritty..... "where is my £70", let me check he says "oh I dont see any deal on your account".... I thought maybe he had screen glare from the sun, so we discussed this further, then he said "let me speak to my supervisor"... the joint response was from the plusnet massive was "you need to get in touch with the company that offered the deal"... cool I said, I am on the phone to them now, so makes things easy "what you are on the line to that company they said", yes I said, its YOU! After this, he said that "the company that offered the cashback pay it", YEP we have a winner again, thats PLUSNET... I then explained how uswitch works and then told him to bring up a browser and we will walk through this "I dont have internet at my desk" ..... waaaatttt, you are an ISP and you dont have Internet, "no because of the home users"... at this stage I knew we were in for a bumpy ride, especially when he said "do you have a copy of the deal".. what like a screen print back in March, making sure I covered all angles, as I knew I was going to get fingered from PLUSNET! After much arguing and shouting from me, two further trips for him to his supervisor, me telling him to bring said supervisor to the party and that I am not getting off the phone until I get my money... 1 hour 10 minutes on the phone, they have paid me £75, in good will..... That was a right olde journey, but I was not going to give up in principle..... if you ever go through the same, I hope your outcome is quicker and easier than mine......

Overscore
Rising Star

That's a great story...well done for your persistence, it's impressive. Isn't it sad that a company has to resort to dirty tricks like this. Looking back over the forum posts this voucher problem has been happening since at least 2015.It could be argued that it contravenes the consumer protection laws as it should be regarded as unfair marketing conditions. Anyone who through no fault of their own does not receive the voucher is effectively being overcharged for the product they signed the contract for. A contract works both ways...either you or they can break it by some misdemeanour.

From the Which site:

Unfair contract terms

Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act make it easier to challenge hidden fees and charges.

Unless a contract term is both prominent and transparent, it can be assessed for fairness. Find out more in our guide to challenging unfair terms in contracts.

Unfair terms

Some examples of terms that may be unfair under the Consumer Rights Act include:

• fees and charges hidden in the small print
  • something that tries to limit your legal rights
  • disproportionate default charges
  • excessive early termination charges.

If you think a contract term is unfair, you should complain to the trader.

If the trader doesn't agree, we recommend you seek legal advice before breaking the terms of the contract.

As a last resort, you could take the trader to court and the court will decide whether a term is unfair. 

If the court decides that a term is unfair, you may be able to ignore the term or even cancel your contract without having to pay a cancellation fee.

That may help, or lead somewhere that does.