Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoIP - Anytime Charges

NotSoNaff
Grafter

VoIP - Anytime Charges

As part of another post:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101006.0.html
I have asked a question which perhaps should have been posted here?
I had rather a bumpy ride to get my Broadband Phone up and running.
The timing of my request was accommodated by charging me pro-rata for the days remaining to my Billing Date.
Due to lack of information regarding details for VoIP Log On my access period was halved.
Actual use was further reduced to a few days due to problems with my Router Firmware, but that is of course not Plusnet’s problem.
At the Billing Date I was expecting to be charged £4.88, the then going rate for VoIP Anytime Minutes, i.e. NOT the Anytime Minutes which refers to the ‘Line Rental’ charges that in my case have been swept away by Line Rental Saver.
What is the situation?
I do not wish to receive a Bill for multiples of VoIP Anytime Minutes monthly charges, I would prefer to pay now or at least be sure the sum due will be added to my next Bill due after the 27th of the month.
Thank you, regards, NSN
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: VoIP - Anytime Charges

I would prefer to pay now or at least be sure the sum due will be added to my next Bill due after the 27th of the month.

This would be the easiest way, however I can't see any evidence that this has been applied as I'd expect to see a ticket showing confirmation that someone here had added them and there's nothing showing to that effect. Are you saying this is something you've already requested?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NotSoNaff
Grafter

Hi Matt
Not only requested, but talked about the whole messy process at:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101006.0.html
I suggest reading my comments there.
Once the BB Phone was set up I have been happily enjoying crystal clear telephone calls ever since.
This further validates my comments about the state of ‘play’ in that area, it obviously needs attention.
Regards, NSN
NotSoNaff
Grafter

It is perhaps not surprising that the ‘Ticket’ did not present itself?
A ‘Ticket’ may well be expected to display the current status, but unfortunately Plusnet choose to raise-create-or otherwise bring into the equation multiples of ‘Tickets covering the same subject.
Viewing:
                     just the ones I could find amongst the long list of ‘Numbers’, and reading these may indicate why I chose ‘messy’ as a description of my Broadband Phone provision process.
The multiple eMails I received regarding the VoIP Log On System do not appear to have been recorded within the Ticket System, perhaps that is why it was not possible to locate the expected quantity of Ticket Numbers or ‘pop up’ the information expected?
As far as I am concerned this ‘Ticket System’ is not fit for purpose, it is entwined with other notifications which seem to be only randomly notified to me regardless of the content and it seems some Plusnet staff completely disregard the fact that a Ticket already exists for purposes best known to themselves.
If there is information being communicated between Plusnet Staff to which I have no entitlement then it should not be located in ‘my’ part of the Ticket System. Everything entered on ‘my’ part of the Ticket System should be notified to me by eMail.
THE most frustrating aspect of the ‘Ticket System’ is the use of only ‘Ticket Numbers’ as identification, it also NEEDS a form of identifying Title.
Little wonder that Plusnet Staff also appear to have issues? Hopefully they will be able to view the entire list of Ticket details simply by scrolling?
Customers have to guess the Date of an enquiry or just ‘feel lucky’ and choose a Number,  each of which has to be somewhat laboriously opened, viewed, closed by returning to the list where hopefully the next selection turns out to ‘really’ be the next one in the list.
Plusnet team members should try accessing their own accounts [don’t tell me you are all on Sky :D] via the same route that customers have to take to see what I am talking about.
Whilst it may not be advisable to allow individual input as Additional Identification it could be controlled, without completely obscuring the usefulness of a ‘Title’, by e.g, 2 or 3 Dropdown List choices.
Doing nothing about this situation is not a realistic option.
My MO from now on will be to side step this unsatisfactory situation by using these Forums to ‘Ask Questions’ and only resort to the Ticket System in emergency.
I will of course resume regular use of the Ticket System if it is reasonably improved.
I feel justified in making these comments under this Forum because at present these issues are having a detrimental effect on my Billing situation.
NSN
kyber
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Regarding reading multiple tickets to find the right one, I've taken to control-clicking on each of the view links to open each in its own new tab in my browser and then quickly looking through the tabs to find the correct one.
NotSoNaff
Grafter

Good idea kyber, thanks for the input.
Nice ‘bump’ too.
I was trawling through about 40 questions [? doable using tabs but even in batches still a tad easier], but my point is not about what a user could do it is about a system that has been designed with only Plusnet in mind that NEEDS changing so that it is more user friendly and separates the ‘admin’ items from user initiated subjects.
I must admit to being disappointed that Plusnet have not responded to the previous post, thought they would be keen to take money from my pocket and put it in theirs. Ah well it will be phone queue time tomorrow afternoon or whenever I get home.
Kind regards,
NSN
kyber
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I absolutely agree with you NSN regarding the customer unfriendliness of the ticket system. I have posted elsewhere on this topic regarding a message that exposes an internal administrative matter and makes not sense to me as a customer. Hopefully my suggestion will make coping with the current poor design a little easier.
NotSoNaff
Grafter

Hi kyber
Glad to hear others see this as a real issue, if you care to offer a link to your post I will add my input to your thread.
In the recent customer survey I raised the same point and have also complained about it at every possible opportunity in posts etc.
I have just telephoned Plusnet ,Accounts and Billing, and have been advised that my Broadband Phone has not been configured [Oh dear oh dear].
Fortunately this has not prevented me making VoIP calls every day and frequently receiving calls on the Handsets that have been appropriately set up.
However by the time I wrap this post up there should be an official recognition [at last] within My Questions area that I have reported the Billing problem.
Best wishes, NSN
EDIT:
The above Telephone Report is now on record under #51129023
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi NotSoNaff,
I can see today that this has been passed to our development team to be looked into. Your account has been configured or it wouldn't work, the reporting that we see (unconfigured) will relate to the billing, which is why it's been passed over for further investigation. Sorry we've not replied before now.
Jojo Smiley
NotSoNaff
Grafter

Well, Hello again Jo, or for that matter any lead player in the Plusnet Team.
The higher up the ladder the better, because some positive ACTION is necessary to resolve this situation.
Because of the current trait concerning the inability of many to read more than 140 characters before their eyes glaze over, I need to make it crystal clear what I need from Plusnet.
A. I simply wish to pay my overdue Broadband Phone-VoIP- Service Account Bills which have yet to be presented.
B. I wish to Top Up my VoIP Advance Payment for, in my case accidental, use not covered by the Anytime contract and wish to do this without jumping through more hoops and jumping over more obstructions.

Like the ‘MeerKat‘ says “Simple“, oh how I wish that were true in this case Undecided
Gone is the ‘bumpy ride’ described at the outset of this fiasco.
The bumpy ride part did at least contain an element of unwanted excitement, this has been replaced by a terribly boring ‘game of ping pong’.
Participants in this ‘game’ are so predictable the result is a painfully time wasting slow motion process of ‘sending’ the problem back into the ‘opponents’ court.
The result of each ‘stroke’ is predefined and seems capable of reaching record breaking levels unless somebody grabs hold of the problem with the intention of stopping the game and getting money into Plusnet‘s account.
The two ‘opponents’ in this game of ping pong are Customer Services and the Development Team.
The latter escape having to communicate with Customers and seem to have lost the plot as far as realistic timescale for resolution of issues.
Insulation from the ‘sharp end’ seems to be fostering the belief of being untouchable in their ivory tower?
From a functionality POV quality, reliability and cost are absolutely fine, I am ignoring multiple reports of:
Registration of Internet telephone number ####### failed. Remote site reports reason for error 408 [The Number is actually my VoIP Account Extension number (IMO use of the word Extension is not the best choice. Has the penny dropped yet I intend to pick every fly)]
That is ignoring in the hope that this is being caused by some sort of action Plusnet are taking to rectify this situation.
The ‘Referee‘ or Manager of this game should be getting deeply involved because this is only one aspect of my VoIP experience and the administration chaos that has been grinding on for 3 [three] months now.
I have just received a message to the effect that I should ‘Top Up’ my Credit.
That is perfectly reasonable and so expected to have that done and dusted in just a few clicks.
BUT, yes a big ugly awkward ‘but’, this is the dysfunctional not fit for purpose administration aspect of the Plusnet VoIP service.
It is apparent that ‘a few clicks’ is going to be come a journey, fortunately for which I have the required Credit Card Cheesy excuse me whilst I digress but IMHO laughing is better than spitting blood.
If the presentation of the VoIP Account pages was not so amateurishly low grade and user unfriendly it would be less of a PIA. [Moderators: Please note unless there is a list of banned abbreviations on this site that has been overlooked do not put your own interpretation on PIA and remove it as being offensive].
The VoIP Top Up scenario is as follows:
1. To make a Top-up, log in to http://voip.plus.net/ = Nil problem
2. go to 'Credit & Minutes' = Nil problem
3. and click the 'Top-up credit' link. = A Top-up credit link does not exist, but there is Heading called Credit Topup with a link credit topup wizard
4. The link in 3 above opens up the Plusnet Members Sign On page = Nil problem to do that but annoying because I was on the VoIP Account page and logic suggests that is the proper place for this to be handled. However it is becoming par for the Plusnet course, it is not well organised and managed but more of a cobbled together mess.
After Signing In the page in 5 below opens.
5. In 4 above if you are already signed in this page opens:
https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?Ea82ChdSAqqwtYJcjZV%2Fjl8BeHfnW7og8F7a05FCZOPFyRVJeEpVZrrG...
Search as I may on this and other Help and Support pages, finding helpful or useful information on VoIP is an art that I have not been able to master.
MOST IMPORTANTLY once again there seems to be a reluctance to gather funds, there must be some ‘deep pockets‘ funding Plusnet!
6. Sickening reality takes a grip on my gut, the circular tour is about to start over except like it says on the tin I am NotSoNaff and there is ABSOLUTELY CATEGORICALLY DEFINITELY .......................................NO WAY this journey is continuing, I have just alighted from the Question # 51129023 ‘bus’ and WILL NOT be getting back on it.
Plusnet surely must have somebody with sufficient status to precipitate positive action, able to take ownership of this problem and actually hold onto it until it is RESOLVED?
The sad reality is that those who have already stood up to the plate have proved incapable of moving this matter forward.
Attempting to point out issues in this way is probably a pointless exercise, I sincerely hope it will not take something as dreadful as Redundancy to wake up Plusnet folk. My experiences have shown absolutely nil response from previous input but I cannot commit to remaining silent for the rest of my current contract term.
Being Proactive or at least Reactive is essential to strengthen business although the ‘do nothing and remain silent, perhaps they will go away’ Option that seems to prevail within Plusnet will probably reap rewards?
Somehow I don’t think this reward will actually be very rewarding for the recipients.
I used to be happy with Plusnet Service but that has been destroyed by the incompetence displayed in this ongoing farce.
Disappointed Plusnet Customer [ is shall we say a sight understatement?]
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Does this help?
https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22983&wizard_id=38
Help assistant > Use the help assistant > Technical Help [More] > Broadband Phone (VOIP) Services > Broadband Phone Billing And Accounts > Top up your credit here.
You will, however, need to have already 'added a card' here: https://portal.plus.net/apps/paymentdetails/manage/creditcard
Account Details > Payment Details > add card.
I think this should work (if you get the same options as I do in the portal).
It's a somewhat different route to that described above, took a while finding the 'Technical help [more] step.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
NotSoNaff
Grafter

Sincere thanks walker23  Smiley
I followed your Links and everything happened that needed to happen.
How simple it would be for Plusnet to relocate Broadband Phone (VOIP) Services to the Main Page of Help and Support and avoid the need for the ‘mining’ expedition.
Very best wishes, NSN
NotSoNaff
Grafter

Note to walker23 I trust it is abundantly clear none of this is aimed at you.
I try, most often with success, to help with technical issues many times daily. I enjoy doing it gratis  :).
However if ever I find myself in walker23‘s  position of a few days ago, most certainly my fingers would not reach out in an attempt to help if the word Plusnet is involved.
Well, I just had that certain feeling the event described in my previous post went off too smoothly Undecided
Truth is that it did without a hitch but the ‘system’ had been changed, apparently for security reasons? Sad
An eMail arrived requesting me to phone in because..................................................................
But that was nothing to do with my account or Card but a change in the system ::).
Change the System Change the Web Site Information  :-X, but wait a minute here we go back to square one again.

Have you noticed the rush of Plusnet Management stepping up to the plate?
 Tongue
NotSoNaff
Grafter

Sorry to be a bore but this issue remains unresolved.
I retraced steps taken when first setting out to acquire VoIP from Plusnet and found very significant changes it seems the Option of concern, ‘Broadband Phone’ [aka VoIP], has been demoted from the Residential Pages not complete removal but by ‘sweeping it under the carpet’?
Earlier I asked two questions A and B and since there was no resolution on offer from the Plusnet Forum Patrol a decision was made to try the ‘Raise a Ticket‘ approach.
The effort required to do this is, IMHO, comparible with writing a book on the History of the Universe. If the said book contained a Chapter concerned with ‘How to get your money back if you got caught in the big Bang’ it would be just as pointless as attempts to get anything meaningful from the Plusnet Back Room gang.
The issue raised was treated like a Ping Pong Ball, Customer Services and the Development Team hitting it to and fro in painfully slow motion. It is so slow that in the course of more than two months no score has been achieved. If points were at stake Development should win because they have a cunning plan that seems to force Customer Services to revisit the subject when the Development Team have had a couple of weeks to consider the problem. A sort of ‘auto ball return’, nice if you can get it?
I confess to have become agitated by the debacle and my tone became sufficiently obvious precipitating an apology for the ‘unacceptable situation’ [Plusnet’s words not mine], but despite the Staff members good intentions there is still no resolution in sight.
My current understanding is that the issues raised are not being experienced by any other customers, perhaps this will be of some comfort to one Plusnet employee?
Now there are more questions begging answers:
C. If my issues with Anytime VoIP Option cannot be resolved it would seem reasonable to remove the option [also it would perhaps be polite to inform somebody in my situation?], why then is this option still available to anyone that cares to Search? The first Screen Shot attached was found by searching for ‘Broadband Phone’.
D. The Search also caused me to stumble across information that may still be applicable in my situation and so ask the question ‘ As a Plusnet Pro subscriber am I entitled to the FREE VoIP 240 minutes per month? The second Screen Shot attached shows the currently displayed detail on this subject.
E. I feel the need for a Plan to fall back on to ensure that I actually get some real help. Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome.
Regards, NSN