cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin and Plusnet Playing Off Each Other

flanok

Virgin and Plusnet Playing Off Each Other

I switched over from Virgin to Plusnet a few months ago and find myself ina situtation where both Virgin and PLusnet are charing me for line rental.

Actually its more complicated than that. My calls and line rental are charged by PLusnet, where my incomming calls are handled by Virgin.

Virgin, state a request for exporting our number is required, but PLusnet say that has already happened and cant be done again.

After ringing PLusnet and asking if they could do a second request, they refusd and did not offer any solutuon, where Virgin are bing just as stubborn, saying they cant do anyhing at their end until they get an export number request.

Whilst this is going on, we are receiving monthly bills form Virgin.

I beleive Virgin are mainly at fault here, but I am sure if PLusnet  dug deep, they could find a way of operation a second request or even a phone call or something. 

As things are at moment, I see no other option but legal action to solve this for someone to wake up and do something about it. A simple process, hat has become very stressful and time consuming, with no one really caring about it.

10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: Virgin and Plusnet Playing Off Each Other

Actually its more complicated than that. My calls and line rental are charged by PLusnet, where my incomming calls are handled by Virgin.

Qhen you say that, do you mean that incoming calls are arriving on the physical virgin line ? and not on the line that Plusnet had installed

If that's the case, have you informed Plusnet of that ? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

flanok

Calls are physically being recieved by plusnet, as I said I think the blame lies with Virgin.

But the virgin system still shows I am recieving calls though their line, even though I dont have a telephone connected to it.

And charging me for it

But PLusnet refused to send a second export notice to fully move my number over. Or make some sort of cantact to swap eveything over.r

I have explained everything to PLusnet they say nothing they can do.

I explain everything to Viorgin, they say nothing they can do and of course have no loyalty to me as I have left them.

If plusnet would find a way to sort out this, as I am a customer it would ceratinly help the siutation.

There must be other siutations where further contact is made between suppliers.

I exected a touble free swap over and had nothuing but stress and pressure.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Calls are physically being recieved by plusnet, as I said I think the blame lies with Virgin.

In that case, the number port MUST have completed

But the virgin system still shows I am recieving calls though their line, even though I dont have a telephone connected to it.

And charging me for it

That sounds like virgins system didnt cancel the account when the number ported. its an odd system when transferring from virgin , I'm not sure how much of it is automated other than the number port. Theres no way for Plusnet to request a second number port, the best would be to try and get details from them as to the port order and when it completed. Then present Virgin with that and ask them to explain how they can possibly have been providing a service after the number transferred?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

flanok

Honestly it has been shocking.

Even though I state there is no way I can make and recieve calls on plusnet if the export had not takem place, I am still told by Virgin several times, it is not on thier system so Plusnet need to request again.

No matter what I present, I think I will get the same response

No one wants to help.

Unless Plusnet steps in, this will go around in circles.

Plusnet is my only way out, without going down the legal route and CEOs etc.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Getting past the first line people who answer the phone, and getting them to actually chack their systems can sometimes be a big problem. So the more information and logic you can chuck at them will help your case.

By dialling 17070 from your PN number will help prove your line is now back on the BT/PN system.

I don't know if 17070 works on Virgin, but connecting up a phone to the old line and dialing a mobile will show is your old number is still with Virgin, I am guessing/hoping not. Plus if you know anyone on Virgin who could call your number should show where you number now is.

Let us know the resuts of the above chacks, hopefully this will help you prove to Virgin that your line has been transferred and their systems have not caught up.

HTH

flanok

Yes when I ring 17070, the number is mine.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

And what about the other checks?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

It sounds like (if I've followed it correctly), that the only thing that Virgin are contributing to is their bill?  Could you just cancel the Virgin service?  

Have you checked what number Virgin think they are providing a service on to you?  Could they have given you a new number when your number ported to Plusnet.  It might also be worth confirming what number is presented when you dial a mobile from the virgin line.  If they think they are supplying the number that you are receiving calls on via Plusnet, you could ask for proof that the number is terminating on your virgin line, which they wouldn't be able to do as it isn't!  It might get them moving to sort the issue out though, which might get you a refund of what they have incorrectly charged you (which just cancelling would be unlikely to do).

flanok

Yes you are right I am being billed for nothing.

The contact was cancelled months ago.

But are refusing to do so, as the number has nit been ported 100% on their system

I was very clear the last phone call, that the number being ported is irelevant to my contract being cancelled.

Cancelled means cancelled.

They agreed it would be done in 3 days, but no, one mongth later another bill, and an email stating they cannot cancel until a request comes from Plus,net to export number.

This is why I wanted plus.net to help me. It is not their fault, but they did take on the export procedures and I am now their customer. Virgin, just dont care. There is no benefit to them to solve this issue.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @flanok I'm sorry to see you're being charged for your phone by Virgin still.

I've looked into this for you and generally if there was an issue with the number port, it'd show as completed on the supplier system but it's not completed on the back-end supplier system, then you wouldn't be able to receive calls, you'd get a number unobtainable tone and/or a message that says the number's not recognised when you dial it.

It's possible that the advisers you've spoken to at Virgin haven't been looking at the right systems or this needs them to investigate further. As an example we've got a few core systems (at least that's relevant for this type of issue); one's for your account, another's our ordering system and the other's the Openreach order tracking system.

Also I've attempted to place another import order and I'm getting the following message when I do: "An Import order is not needed as the number is already on the BT Network." which seems to indicate the port has fully been completed.

I'd recommend escalating this with Virgin to investigate further. Feel free to let me know what they say and if there's anything we can do or provide any information we have to help, I'll be happy to.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet