Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing payment details

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Viewing payment details

No, PN staff reply on Twitter, but it is not (IMO) a suitable channel for support.

John
cbcadmin
Grafter

It is not a suitable channel for anything, that I have found. Sad

BTW credit card is probably the best method of payment these days. Debit card has less protection, but can be OK. Recent experiences have made me wary of direct debits, but most companies seem to insist on it these days.

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep I agree, they may have employed someone who has a 1st from Uni in AI and thinks it can actually replace a person. Well that will justify their job and reduce staffing costs? 🙄

I prefer talking to people, and you can make the false misguided assumption you have the best robot or AI in the world - it is not the same.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@cbcadmin You could try this link:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard

It used to be that you definitely could raise a ticket via the complaints code - see the bottom of this page:

Complaints Code of Practice > How to complain about our broadband etc > On line ticket

but now they seem to have removed any link to do so within that paragraph! Oh dear... is that intentional to avoid any complaints!?

Alex
Community Veteran

Well I am having a look around my account to see a change option (which I won't use).

PlusNet have been attending the Microsoft school of error messages:

Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later.

At least Microsoft can come up with:

An unknown error has occured
cbcadmin
Grafter

That link seems to work and actually do somethings! thanks. Smiley

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
cbcadmin
Grafter

Sounds about right. Sad

I keep getting messages about not being able to log me out of the system. I'mve given up using the logout button now. Wink

Alex
Community Veteran

What errors are you seeing, if you can post them it'll help.

Just make sure you don't post any personal information on here.

cbcadmin
Grafter

image.png

cbcadmin
Grafter

image.png

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@cbcadmin From another topic, it appears PN are 'modifying' the User Portal - without warning, as usual. Wonder if this could possibly be causing the glitches?

John
cbcadmin
Grafter

It's a good job Plusnet care so much about their customers. Wink

Alex
Community Veteran

Possible @jab1 

Mind you there is never a good time to modify something. Even if the UK is asleep, you could be working in a remote office. Yes I know about working with the East Coast US time difference, -5.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@Alex wrote:

Well I am having a look around my account to see a change option (which I won't use).

PlusNet have been attending the Microsoft school of error messages:

Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later.

At least Microsoft can come up with:

An unknown error has occured

Surely Plusnet's offering is better. As it implies there is no error it's just that the system is busy, while BillyWare as usual doesn't have a clue!

Alex
Community Veteran

Yep @Mook 

If I managed to come up with those (lack of) error messages, I would get told off.

Cor I remember the day me and the sysadmin had to stay late and use Microsoft support. Fun and games that was, was in the office until 8:30pm. We all got it fixed in the end.