cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing payment details

cbcadmin
Grafter

Viewing payment details

How do I view payment details? (they are hashed out).

& The change payment method button is greyed out. Sad

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
29 REPLIES 29
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Viewing payment details

@cbcadmin Your bank account details are hashed out on purpose for security, but surely you know them, anyway?

The change payment button is grey, by bad design, but if you hover over it, does it display a link - if so, try clicking it anyway.

John
cbcadmin
Grafter

Yes, I realise *why* details are hashed out, but not much use when you get an email to check your details! Wink

No, link, just doesn't respond to the usual click, prod or string of swear words. Smiley Is there a direct link/url I can use?

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
jab1
Legend

I wonder why you got that email asking you to check your details? I haven't had one in the 10 years I've been a customer. The last few digits are not hashed - if they are correct, ask PN why they sent the email.

In answer to your second point - I'm not aware of any other option, but again I'm sorry, you'll have to ask PN directly.

John
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep I tried logging into my account and our payment details are hashed out as expected, but I can't see any change payment button at all. Not that I would try it as I don't want to change mine!

I would only think PlusNet would ask you to change details if say they used card details which were due to, or have expired.

jab1
Legend

@Alex The 'Change Payment Method' button is right at the bottom.

Good point about the card details, though. I hadn't thought of that as I use Direct Debit - much simpler.Smiley

John
cbcadmin
Grafter

I've already tried asking PN direct and they just ignore or delete customer's enquiries! Sad

cbcadmin
Grafter

The email I got was as a result of changing my bank account, required as Halifax no longer offer Internet banking. Sad

jab1
Legend

That follows - they would need you to confirm such a change for security.

What channel(s) did you get ignored/deleted on?

John
cbcadmin
Grafter

Do Plusnet still use the old ticket system and if so, how do you access it now? Used to use it and sometimes you'd get a helpful member of staff, but gradually over the years it just became a waste of time with replies cut n pasted from a script. Sad

jab1
Legend

The ticket system has been emasculated and is not available for general enquiries - some bright spark decided that Twitface was a better route - don't ask me why!Sad

John
cbcadmin
Grafter

Email. They claim emails can be lost, where as in fact they just delete them! Sad

jab1
Legend

They have never used email as a support channel and do not reply. Under the current situation, I understand some staff will use it, but the initial email has to come from them.

John
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks @jab1 

I'll have another look in a moment, but I didn't notice it. Possible I missed it.

Yep I would always pay by Direct Debit and not by card where possible. I remember my parents having £1200 nicked from their account through 4 transactions on their debit card, and me 2 x 79p payments. How's my maths doing, £1.58?

£1200 I am sure anyone would notice, a pound or two then the chances are you won't. Do that to multiple people and someone is laughing.

cbcadmin
Grafter

I do dispear with regards companies removal of customer contact, but it will backfire on them sooner or later. Wink

I think Twitter is contracted out and presumably is a lot cheaper than employing staff that know what they are talking about? My past experience with this medium is less than "rosey"