Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my usage

FIXED
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

View my usage

I haven't been able to check my usage data for the past 3-4 weeks. Just get the following

Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment.

This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing period.

It can take up to 4 hours for your usage to show up - please try again later.

If you have any questions about your usage, please see our View My Broadband Usage FAQ or contact our Support Team.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
13 REPLIES 13
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: View my usage

It comes and goes; mine was missing from July 2016 till February this year with the same message you are seeing, then showed a 3-day billing period at the beginning of the current normal billing period.  My original post is here:  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Defective-usage-meter/m-p/1364264#M23214 (there are numerous other ones).

I don't think PN aim to maintain their usage meter, and if you are on an unlimited product, it probably doesn't matter much.

maranello
Pro

Nearly 3 weeks on and no response from Plusnet staff, and still no usage data.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @maranello

Thanks for chasing this up - I'm really sorry to see that this slipped through the net for whatever reason and I'm going to pick this up going forward.

I've just reviewed your account and can see that you spoke to one of my colleagues in the contact centre yesterday. Before I investigate the issue with your usage, could you let me know if they took any action on this for you, so that I'm not duplicating someone else's work?

Appreciated.

Dave

maranello
Pro

@RandallFlagg

Hello Dave, thanks for picking this up.

My contact yesterday was about a potential re-negotiation of my contract and nothing to do with the issue regarding lack of visibility of usage data. 

From other posts on this forum it is clear that this issue affects many users, not just me.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the clarification, @maranello - I thought that might be the case but wanted to make sure that the usage issue hadn't been mentioned on the back of your contract conversation.

I'll check into this now and get back to you shortly.

Best,

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @maranello

Just a quick update to let you know that I've raised this with our products team and will get back to you as soon as they come back to me.

Best Wishes,

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @maranello

Thanks for your patience whilst I investigated this.

I've had a chat with @bobpullen on this one and I'd like to prompt your router to acquire a new IP address in order to test something from our side.

Could you turn your router off for a few hours whenever it's convenient and turn it back on again? This usually forces the router to acquire a new IP.

If you could let me know when you've done this (overnight is fine) and I'll be able to confirm that this has been successful and move forward from there.

Regards,

Dave

maranello
Pro

@RandallFlagg

I'm afraid I didn't pick up your latest response until this morning, but I'm already at work so won't be able to turn off the router until late afternoon, by which time SWMBO will be at home and will want to access emails. Earliest convenient time to shut down router will be overnight tonight. 

Does it really need a few hours to aquire a new IP address?

Is it not possible to disconnect from your end and reconnect immediately with a new IP address?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Elsewhere it has been suggested that 65 minutes is required to obtain a different IP address.  The IP address allocation (lease) is managed within the network, not within Plusnet systems.

Clearly something is being hinted at here, what that something is has not been made clear.  I'm left wondering if this has anything to do with IP address ranges acquired from the USA?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @maranello

Overnight this evening is absolutely fine. I've attempted to regenerate an IP for you from this side but that process has allocated the same IP (twice!).

The only sure fire way to generate a new IP is to turn the router off for the time we've discussed.

I'm in the office tomorrow from 9am so if you could drop me an update once the router has been turned off overnight we should be good to go.

Thanks,

Dave

maranello
Pro

@RandallFlagg

I powered down the router at ~10:30 pm last night and powered it back up at just past 6:00am this morning. Checked View My Usage at 8:00am and still not seeing anything other than the same message as in post #1. Should I presume that I need to wait a minimum of 4 hours as per the message?

Updated @ 11:45am

Data usage is now displayed Smiley

Thanks for your help getting this sorted. Aside from shutting down the router overnight, did anything else need to be done at your end?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Delighted that this is resolved, @maranello

Nothing else changed at this side - IP refresh did the trick.

Let us know if there's anything else that you need.

Best Wishes,

Dave