Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my usage

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

View my usage

Seems to be not working. Not simply a case of showing zero usage as has often happened, but showing a page which suggests that the account has either been reset or is new. Been this way since yesterday.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
8 REPLIES 8
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: View my usage

Do you mean this?:

"Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment. 

This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing period.

It can take up to 4 hours for your usage to show up - please try again later."

If so, it's been like that for a few months that I know of, possibly a lot longer - PlusNet are 'working on it' but don't seem to regard it as a high priority given that most subscribers are on unlimited packages these days.

maranello
Pro

That's the one, although for me it has only appeared recently. Up until just before Christmas it was showing the normal page with lots of 0KB entries.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

As soon as your invoice date hits and the system tries to zero your usage, then the new message appears ("Sorry etc.. wait 4 hours ..".

It will stay that way until either

1. You change gateways to one of the few that does count usage ( I have no idea which ones still do)
  2. Plusnet fix the issue which is that when they count usage it is causing packet loss on that gateway so slowing down traffic.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
maranello
Pro

@SpendLessTime

Thanks, that would make sense as my last billing date was 21st Dec. 

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @maranello

What @SpendLessTime has mentioned is correct. We are aware of a problem with usage that's stopped reporting is a side effect with the investigations of the recent packet loss issue that some of our customers had been experiencing.

It's a temporary measure, however I'm unable to tell you when it will return to normal just yet.

maranello
Pro

@BenB

Unfortunately I cannot fathom what you are saying in your explanation of the problem. Surely you are not suggesting that in response to a problem affecting some users the fix is to remove the usage reporting facility for the majority of users.

My contract expires next month, and your response does not inspire me to renew for another 18 months.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @maranello

Hopefully I can explain this a little better, as part of our investigations into the recent packet loss issues that some of our customers were experiencing it was discovered that part of the problem was with our equipment that monitored broadband usage, as such a decision was made to remove the bandwidth monitoring of customers on unlimited products until a solution can be found.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@maranello Only since yesterday?  Mine's been this way since mid-October, and no usage recorded since July.  If you put usage into the search bar at the top of this page, you'll see a number of threads about this issue.