Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Usage showing 2 months instead of 1 month

hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

View My Usage showing 2 months instead of 1 month

Hello

I have received one of your automated emails telling me that I am approaching my usage limit and yet my new month has only just started.

In My Account/View My Usage, it is adding last month onto this month, please can this be modified so that it only shows this month's usage.
The billing period is showing as 2 months Sep 20 2018 - Nov 19 2018, but it should be showing 1 month Oct 20 2018 - Nov 19 2018.

Regards

Howard

17 REPLIES 17
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: View My Usage showing 2 months instead of 1 month

I'm aware that some October bills have been delayed. Have you actually received your October bill ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hmarshy
Rising Star

Hello

Yes, I received my October bill on 20th October.

Regards

Howard

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Thanks, I thought that maybe if your bill was delayed then the Usage reset may also be delayed since it's part of the billing process.

Obviously that's not the caseSad. We're going to have to wait for a staff member to investigate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @hmarshy,

I'm sorry to see this and apologise for any frustration caused. This does indeed look strange, I have raised a ticket on your account with further information here.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Mads

I have found another flaw in the "View My Usage" page.

I moved my billing date back by 1 week at the start of October (moved date from 21st to 28th of the month).

On the old billing date, the View My Usage page was reset so any new usage is in its own month (21st October onwards).

The Usage History has the old month of 21st September to 20th October.

However there is no ticket on  my account for a "Bandwidth Usage reset" for the 21st October so I guess the usage is accumulating. Will find out on the 28th no doubt.

As I'm on unlimited, the usage figure isn't a real issue but the fact that the billing date change has caused it to change the "monthly usage" on the old date is slightly worrying.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @SpendLessTime,

Thank you very much for letting us know that the "View My Usage" page isn't updating correctly following your billing date change. I'll flag this to the relevant team so that they can look into this issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
SpendLessTime
Hero

@EmilyD

Thank you for raising the bug report.

hmarshy
Rising Star

Hello

My problem has not been fixed!

I updated the ticket 183899594 created by Maddy on Wednesday 24th October and have not received any further updates.

My usage is still showing 2 months instead of 1 month, if this isn't fixed will next month show 3 months instead of 1 month?

Also, what happens when I have used the extra allowance you have provided?

Is someone going to investigate my issue?

Regards

Howard

hmarshy
Rising Star

Hello

OK, just a quick browse around the forum and it looks like the issue could be related to the new billing system and legacy products. Sad

Do I need to migrate to a new product?

Regards

Howard

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @hmarshy, I have replied to the ticket for you.

Just let us know once you have responded and we will pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
hmarshy
Rising Star

Hello

I have updated the ticket.

I am on the FTTP trial so I am going to add a post to that board about migrating to an unlimited product, I don't really need unlimited which is why I was happy with my legacy product, but I do enjoy having the faster speeds that are provided by FTTP.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards

Howard

SpendLessTime
Hero

@EmilyD

Would like to add more information to the bug I reported as it is now billing day.

28th October - Usage Figures reset.

Now "Summary of usage in previous months" only shows the following

Billing Period Peak usage Off-Peak usage Total usage
21 Jul - 20 Aug 169.84GB 12.82GB 182.66GB
21 Aug - 20 Sep 444.82GB 37.82GB 482.64GB
21 Sep - 20 Oct 891.36GB 34.77GB 926.13GB

So it has lost the 7 days from the 21st to 27th October inclusive.

In addition, the "Monthly Usage in Detail" is labelled "Current billing period: Oct 28 2018 - Nov 27 2018" but does not display the 27th November. It stops at the 26th, only labelling 30 days not the 31 calendar days that the next invoice will cover.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Howard.

Sorry to see the view my broadband usage isn't showing a monthly view of your usage.

While I'm not aware of a known issue with this, we are aware that we have an issue with the Data Transfer Watch, which is essentially used to cap extra usage charges on legacy products. 

As per a recent post from one of my colleagues somewhere else on these forums, the fix for this has been written by our engineers, has passed internal testing and we're aiming to deploy it tomorrow.

With that in mind, I'd like to see if the problem you're seeing here goes away once that's resolved, and we'll go from there. I'll also be happy to make sure any extra charges incurred because of this are credited or refunded back to you.

That said and I know you've said that you'd prefer to stay on the legacy package, but from reading your other thread/support ticket I understand you're considering going on to an Unlimited package.

Let me know via ticket 183899594 if you'd still like to go ahead.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hmarshy
Rising Star

Hello Anoush

Thanks for your assistance.

I have updated ticket 183899594.

I would prefer to see if the issue is resolved by the engineers' fix before changing packages.

I'll try to restrict my Internet usage but I am very close to the monthly limit now.

Regards

Howard