Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'View My Bill' item headings

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

'View My Bill' item headings

This is no big deal, but it seems to me that it could be clearer what the headings refer to. I know the fourth item is the line rental, but it doesn't state that.
Example -

The third item is 'Call Plan charge - OK, fair enough, it is...  but
the fourth item is the name of the call plan, when surely it's actually the basic line rental.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: 'View My Bill' item headings

100% agree and has been raised many times but as they say "Some fell on stony ground"
Just about as bad as this https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary where in my case it has items dating back to 2010 and current items are missing
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Apologies for this.
As Jim says, it's been flagged many times and is a driver of calls. Will flag again but I think we have something in plan for this.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Thanks Oldjim, I must have missed the previous times it's been raised.
As you say, it's the same on the page you referenced, but I note that it's correctly labelled on the Home Phone control panel itemised billing page.
Thanks also Matty - hope you've a good supply of flags.  Wink
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's like a game of Minesweeper in this office.  Cool
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It surely can't be too difficult to itemise line rental with the words 'Line Rental'.
If another business made a habit of sending/displaying statements or invoicing with wrongly itemised charges they'd have customers withholding payment until the charges were corrected (a wrong description for a correct charge is pretty much the same as an incorrect charge from a legal point of view).
If I got a receipt from Tesco where item prices had been mixed up I think their customer services would have a very hard time arguing that they'd not overcharged (for a particular item) and I'm pretty sure I'd be leaving with  a refund.
In Force'E''s example you could easily argue that, not only had the call plan been overcharged at £15.95 instead of £7.00, it had also been charged correctly at £7.00 as well and you therefore owe him £15.95 refund for that overcharge (the descriptions of the charges clearly are both for call plan and nothing to do with line rental (which you appear to have forgotten to charge for but that's not the customer's fault, is it?)).
I'm not saying that this unacceptable confusion in bill descriptions was a major factor in me moving my telephone services elsewhere but I'm a lot happier with the way my bill is shown now (both Plusnet without the misleading/confusing terminology and my current supplier who somehow have the ability to show line rental as line rental, call plan as call plan, call charges as call charges etc.).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're addressing it on a grander scale. There are a lot of issues with invoices, and we're expecting a big overhaul for when the new billing system comes in.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

More bacon going past the window!
How long have you been talking about the new billing/accounts system for?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: MattyC
when the new billing system comes in.

'Coming soon...' Grin Tongue Lips_are_sealed
More seriously, is there any sign of a timescale yet (sooner rather than later would be good but 'correct', 'working' and 'proven' are obviously most important).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

http://www.sage.co.uk/softwaresolutions
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
catelliott
Grafter

Unfortunately, there's no concrete time-scale set at the moment Sad But don't worry guys, it is coming!  Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Cat,
Bless you, you are new around here.  IIRC this system was forecast for Spring 2014, then Summer 2014 then Summer 2015.
So many things have had forecast dates which have not been met - email SSL has been requested for years and was hinted at being scheduled for last Christmas. I know there is a part trial, but it seems to have stalled.
"Bear with us, we are working on it, we are getting there" have been well over used for 2+ years.  Dates have come and gone, new team leaders have come, made promises and gone but nothing changes.
Please therefore forgive the perceptions that nothing is being done aside from the deliveries made by Chris Pettitt, Scott Storey & Co.  CRT do a great job of fixing what's broken which ought not to be broke in the first place and try to defend the indefensible.  It is a real shame that those in charge who are ultimately responsible and accountable for these issues are not here at the forefront explaining themselves.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: w23
'Coming soon...' Grin Tongue Lips_are_sealed

Had a feeling I'd get called out on this, but it's the only answer I've got at the moment unfortunately.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Matty,
You make the point well - it is the only answer YOU have.
Someone who does have answers higher up in the food chain should be here helping to manage the justifiable frustrations around the forums.
Andy Baker has been invited to to so, but has not done so.
Jess Both promised to improve communications but did not do so.
Sam said he would be around here regularly, but has not been back in the forums since making that statement some 12 days ago.

Someone who does have answers needs to be in here giving those answers so you guys do not have to take the bullets.  It is just not credible that these major projects have "no forecast" as their completion dates, or there is little confidence in the dates that do exist.  If I had ran my projects like that my career in IT software delivery would have been very short.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

catelliott
Grafter

Hi Kevin,
Really sorry we don't have more information regarding this, believe us, if we had the info, we would pass it on to you. At this moment in time, all we know is that it is being worked on by the right people, and they are aiming to get it rolled out as soon as is humanly possible Smiley