cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor Customer service, and where do you go to complain?

p147
Dabbler

Very poor Customer service, and where do you go to complain?

Long story short, I have moved provider notified plusnet and they clearly stated that my account had been closed and yet they are still taking money from my account as well as issuing invoices after I have left!!

Been in touch via phone a couple of times each time said they would sort it and they have not, chatted via the chat line, but kept continuously transferred and then cut off with no acknowledgement which is very poor  and now nowhere to turn to hope someone can make contact with me to sort it out.

I honestly would not have expected this from a large company especially being cut off.

NOT HAPPY.

Paul P.

6 REPLIES 6
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Re: Very poor Customer service, and where do you go to complain?

Hi Paul, sorry that this has happened, as we discussed with you the account closure was delayed due to a pending direct debit that was about to happen, it was too late to stop it so we had to pend the closure, I can see that the DD has came through however I cannot see any transfer of service to a new supplier showing through ours or indeed our suppliers system, can you check with your new supplier on this so that we can close your account down correctly for you - Tony.

p147
Dabbler

Thank you Tony for your prompt reply, But have you actually read through all the e-mail, and chatline conversations I have had with your customer services?

I refer you to your e-mails dated 4th May ticket number 149052215. May 8th ticket number 149292124, 8th May ticket numbers 149509163.

All noting the account has been closed, To me it appears as though the accounts department is not communicating with the Broadband/phone department.

No apology then for being cut off by the chat lines!!

Please look into this in full please, and can you please answer the questions I posed in the chat lines as no one could.

If you require further info please let me know.

Paul

p147
Dabbler

Quote ' I cannot see any transfer of service to a new supplier showing through ours or indeed our suppliers system'.

E-mail dated 4th May ticket number149052215 

Dear Mr P, This is to confirm that your account will be completely closed once you switch provider. Kind regards, B.

E-mail dated 8th May ticket number 149292124.

Dear Mr P, Thank you for your time today. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am writing to confirm the service has left us and I have escalated this to our billing team to close the pending Direct Debit Kind regards, D

That is just two of the e-mails.

Paul

p147
Dabbler

Further,

I have just spoken to the Post office who are our new provider and they tell me that they have notified plusnet at the start as we  had our old telephone number transferred across so you must have had notice!!

What is going on?

Regards

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @p147,

Firstly I would just like to apologise for the response from my colleague. Looking at your account, I see the services on your account were ceased with us on 05/05/17, in line with the transfer to your new provider.

When your services were ceased, a ticket was generated on your account and this is in hand with our billing team. Unfortunately as the services left on the same day your monthly bill is generated we have had to wait for the direct debit to clear or fail before we can fully close the account, however our billing team are monitoring this.

Following this, another invoice was generated for any call charges that were not covered by your previous invoice.

I do sincerely apologise if anyone has lead you to believe that this would be sorted following a call or web chat, however you shouldn't actually need to do anything. Your account is being monitored by our billing team, and they will issue a refund for any services charges for the time your services haven't been with us, at which point they will also finalise the closure of your account.

@p147 wrote:
I refer you to your e-mails dated 4th May ticket number 149052215. May 8th ticket number 149292124, 8th May ticket numbers 149509163.

149052215 - It will be, however they should have explained in more detail. As I've mentioned above, the account closure will be finalised when there is no outstanding balance processing through direct debit. Any refunds that are due will also be provided at this point.

149292124 - They confirmed the service has left and once direct debits have cleared/failed, we'll be able to finalise the closure of your account. This is correct.

149509163 - I'm not sure why they've advised they've passed details on to our 'contracts team'. They don't appear to have done anything (I've passed feedback on regarding this) but there is already an open ticket (Ticket: 149100800) with our billing team to take the appropriate action as I've advised above, in my post.

I hope this clears things up, thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
p147
Dabbler

Thank you Harry for your reply,

As you can see there are many issues with my account with plusnet which should have been sorted, I will just sit back for now and see how this pans out with a view to not having to contact yourselves further.

Regards

Paul