cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very confusing email

patti
Grafter

Very confusing email

Just received this email from Pliusnet.. quite confusing with the &/# etc.,?? also the bottom line ..

£25 per month for 12 months on a new 12 month fixed price contract does not make sense. With my discounts it should be £23.75 per month on a 12 month contract.Please advise.

This is an automated email to confirm the discounts have been applied onto your account. You do not need to do anything. Your future bills will be as follows:

Unlimited Fibre broadband service: £6.01 per month for 12 months then £20.99 per month
Line rental: £18.99 per month
Evening and Weekend Call plan: included
Total £25 per month for 12 months on a new 12 month fixed price contract

Please get in touch if you have any other questions.
Customer's name: Miss. Pat Hiscox

Unlimited Fibre Extra - Market 2/3 (Subscription) discount (18 months) - £14.98

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very confusing email

Hi @patti I got similar when I renewed those characters are in fact (meant to be) pound signs

edit: -

£ = £
patti
Grafter

The bottom line infers £163 per month??!  should be  £23.75..  hopefully Plusnet will unravel it..

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @patti,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any confusion, I'll be happy to explain.

If you're not seeing any pound signs in the message, this is down to the way in which characters are displayed by the browser. The " £ " is taking the place of the pound sign as @Anonymous has advised.

From what you're advising it sounds like you are referring to the omission of your referral credits on your contract. These would not be included in your contractual agreement as referrals are based on the customers you have referred continuing their services with us, as they can leave and go elsewhere at the end of any agreed term your contract does not include any referral credits, it only mentions what you have to pay for your services with us. Having said that I can see you have referral credits totalling £1.25 per month so these will be discounted as usual once your first bill on your new contract is produced.

Lastly, if you're referring to "Market 2/3" (also referred to as Market B) in the last line of the email, this means you are in a low cost area for broadband providers as opposed to an area where broadband costs are high due to limited availability.

I trust this answers your query, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF