Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Unfair Engineer Charge

justinheathcote
Dabbler

Very Unfair Engineer Charge

Ticket Ref 199032112

Question Reference 200976846

Very unhappy to receive an email from PlusNet charging me £65 to for an engineer visit. The reason apparently is a repair to an extension/wiring.

There is no extension in my house, just a single master socket which had a fault. The BT engineer repaired the master socket and advised me that there would be no charge as the BT master socket belongs to BT. The router connects directly to the master socket. There are no extensions at all.

Also, the email said I could review the ticket and add feedback. When I review the ticket, I can see the text but there is no option to type anything in, hence the last resort of typing it into the discussion forum

Very unhappy to be ripped off over this charge - I am happy to send photos of the repair and setup if required

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Very Unfair Engineer Charge

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from home phone to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@justinheathcote wrote:

Also, the email said I could review the ticket and add feedback. When I review the ticket, I can see the text but there is no option to type anything in, hence the last resort of typing it into the discussion forum

Sound like the ticket is read only ie closed.

If you start here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard

and click on "Help Assistant" then select

"I've been charged for an engineer visit" you'll be able to log your complaint.

Seems you have a good case - good luck. 🤞

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Cecilthe3rd
Dabbler

Hi Justin,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

I have raised a ticket online regarding this you can reach this ticket by clicking on the link below.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id= 201084042

Many thanks

-Thomas

Tom Haigh
 Plusnet Help Team
Trevsmith28
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I just had this exact issue and it is not your responsibility. The master socket is Openreach's responsibility, with some debate about whether the face plate (on older, two socket sockets which require a filter) is included in this. It seems also that Openreach charge (wrongly) for this all the time and there is even an article about exactly this from 2014. So their monopoly clearly serves them well, given they still get away with this sh*t. Plusnet kindly refunded my charge and I hope they complain about Openreach still trying to get away with these underhand practices, on top of them generally providing a pretty rubbish service. Then again, why would they feel the need to improve when fines are minuscule, relatively to revenue/profit and they are the only option, pretty much, unless you live in a Virgin area?