cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Broadband price query, Essential offer & Cessation charge

davidnorth

Value Broadband price query, Essential offer & Cessation charge

Hi
I have three questions relating to billing that I hope someone will be able to answer.
1. I have just dicovered that according to this page - https://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet-value-archive.shtml#price - I should be paying £5.99 as I was when I joined on 3 March 2010, and not £6.49 as I have been paying since September 2011.
Plusnet Value packages taken between 17th Febuary 2009 and 14th April 2010 (in effect until 11th July 2011)
Exchange Category   Cost
Market 1 and 2   £11.99
Market 3           £5.99

Can anyone tell me why I am paying £6.49? (I am in Exchange Category Market 3)
2. This discovery was prompted by a Plusnet email I received offering me access to the Essential Service for £5.99 if I am paying line rental of £14.99. I paid my line rental for a year in advance at a rate that is less than £14.99. Does this mean that I am ineligible for the Essential Service?
3. I have also noticed that a 'cessation charge' of £30 is activated. This is the first I have heard of this. It was never mentioned by the salesman nor do I recall seeing it displayed on the website at the time. It may have been in the small print but I signed up during the phone call as far as i recall, so wouldn't have received any documentation until after joining. Can this charge still be enforced?
Thanks, David
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Value Broadband price query, Essential offer & Cessation charge

That page actually says
Plusnet Value packages taken after 14th April 2010 and all after 11th July 2011

You should have been notified of the price increase - checking my bills they went up at that time as well
Regarding cessation charge this has been there for yonks and only applies if you cease the broadband supply not migrate
You can move from Value to Essentials - your phone contract has no effect on that
davidnorth

Re: Value Broadband price query, Essential offer & Cessation charge

I automatically interpreted "all after 11 July 2011" to mean all customers joining after that date as opposed to all customers. Thank you for clarifying that and for your other answers.