Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU incorrect for Sunday 9th Sept

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

VMBU incorrect for Sunday 9th Sept

Yesterday I watched over 2 hours of HD iPlayer on my internet enabled TV between 7pm and around 11pm.
VMBU is showing a 143.7MB chargeable usage for yesterday which is obviously way under what it should be.
Is anyone else seeing issues with their usage for yesterday?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: VMBU incorrect for Sunday 9th Sept

Mine looks about right.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

By late evening last night (9th Sept) my daily usage said around 5MB though by then I'd done significant streaming so should have been 300MB or more. Can't check now since it's billing day. Though today's usage has now reset the last month history entry has still to appear and after midnight usage for today (10th Sept) shows as zero.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

On another topic we've been told
Quote from: Matt
Well all the usage that was delayed has caught up, so that problem's now been closed.

VMBU is still reporting 143.7MB for Sunday. I'd missed the previous weeks Inspector George Gently and end up watching that on iPlayer between 7pm and 8:30pm. Then we had a phone call mid way through Sunday's episode and watched around an hour of that as soon as it came available after the program finished (finished watching before 11:30pm). That's ignoring all the other usage on Sunday.
I'd estimate you've lost approaching 2GB of my Sunday usage.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

While it isn't showing at the moment I'm not sure it's been lost, we've seen issues like this before - it's not related to the delay in resets though. I'll see what's said in the daily operations meeting and come back to you after 11 when I know a bit more, but it may well need a separate problem raising.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
I've just been looking into this, and it turns out there was a database replication issue that day (Sunday 9th) that wasn't picked up on until the following morning. This meant that due to the crossover between free and paid for usage, all the data that had been gathered was discarded.
Really sorry we didn't communicate about this one, that's been fed back to all the relevant parties... but we can't do anything to get the data back now I'm afraid, so pretty much a case of free usage there.