cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utter frustration

kayem

Utter frustration

My 18-month fibre extra 76MB (£19.99) contract came to an end on 14 May. So I said to PlusNet, I'm not leaving but because the maximum I had received over the term of my contract was 40MB, I want to downgrade to the fibre 38MB package (£14.99). The lady said "that is no problem, we can offer you that package on a 24-month contract for £xx a month." I said to her that I didn't want a contract for now and would be happy to pay the out-of-contract amount of £14.99 for now. She said she couldn't make that change and asked me to speak to customer service instead. I raised a ticket which was not fully answered. So I spoke to customer services, they said they couldn't make that change and gave me a number to call. I dialled that number; after 20 minutes I was still waiting for someone to answer the call. So I dialled the number for cancellation and got to speak to a human voice immediately. After listening to me, he went to confer with someone. He then came back to tell me that my only option was either to take the new contract they were offering or continuing paying the £19.99 because that was the price for the 36MB package 18 months ago when I joined Plusnet. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. Is that normal procedure? Is one obliged to take a new contract if an existing contract ended? And has anyone had problems downgrading a package at the end of a contract period?  Sad
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Utter frustration

I seem to remember this being raised when the new products were announced and the answer even than was that changing products would involve a new 18 month contract at full rate unless you could negotiate a better deal.
Since the 40/20 product is actually an 80/20 product from BTw with a Plusnet imposed 40Mb limit I totally fail to understand why this should be the case
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Utter frustration

Hi there kayem,
Unfortunately we don't offer any of our fibre packages on a non-contracted basis, which means that we can't change you between fibre packages without incurring a new contract. On the plus side, however, we can offer better deals when you take a contracted option with us Smiley