cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usual discount is not applied to the last bill of my contract

FIXED
grogmeister

Usual discount is not applied to the last bill of my contract

Could you check my account & please explain why the discount I normally receive was not applied to my final bill?

My 18 month contract was coming to an end on the 24/8/22. My new ISP contacted you on the 8/8/22 (16 days before my contract ended) advising you that I would be transferring to them on the 24/8/22. You e-mailed me on the 8/8/22 confirming that you knew I was ending my contract with you.

So, I was surprised to see my final bill wasn't the same as all my others. See Final bill & a previous bill below:

FINAL BILL
Line Rental £3.74
Line Rental £19.45
Line Only £0.00
Unlimited Fibre Extra £3.93
Unlimited Fibre Extra £20.42
Discount -£3.06
Total £44.48

The discount I receive is normally £18.97, which has my previous bills total at £28.57.

USUAL BILL
Line Rental £23.19
Line Only £0.00
Unlimited Fibre Extra £24.35
Discount -£18.97
Total £28.57

Thanks for helping with this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
DelT
Grafter
Fixes: 4

Re: Usual discount is not applied to the last bill of my contract

Fix

@grogmeister 

This is not your final bill, but the last monthly bill sent during your contract, which still has days to run. The final statement is normally sent about 21 days after the account is closed.

From these figures it appears that you have been charged for 5 days from your billing date to the contract end at your discounted rate, then 26 days to the end of the billing period at the out of contract rate. The charge for the whole month has been made as your account was still active on the last billing date. If your account is closed on 24/08/2022 then you should receive a final statement with the second part month charges refunded.

It would be easier to see the way in which the bill is calculated if you look at a later page of the bill that shows the date ranges that apply to the various amounts you have qouted.

grogmeister

Re: Usual discount is not applied to the last bill of my contract

@DelT

Thanks, that's explained it 🙂

I'll await my refund.