Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my Line Rental Saver to pay my fibre broadband and bt sport

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Using my Line Rental Saver to pay my fibre broadband and bt sport

Thanks @RichT for that piece of information hopefully it will end my query ,but I would like to see the  the amount they would take out  ,what if someone does not  have a big lump sum to pay out again and what happens to the balance of the line rental they are using to pay the broadband and other payments

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@RichT 

It will be interesting to see what happens as I am rapidly losing any faith in the Plusnet billing and support teams.

As I said above I have raised my three billing issues via a formal complaint and had a substantive response from the complaints team staffer yesterday. Things appeared to be progressing. That response sorted one issue out (I think!) but left the other two unresolved including the LRS issue. I  replied seeking further clarification and providing, yet again, the facts as stated and agreed by Plusnet on another ticket and in the complaint itself.

A fix for the LRS issue was put forward by the complaints team member but that has now been contradicted by another (opened and immediately closed) ticket from Plusnet Support (not the complaints team) that I received today. I have again responded on the complaints ticket asking what exactly Plusnet are intending and again pointing out some already agreed facts about my current contract!

As for the LRS issue neither solution proposed seems to be the same as the one you had proposed to you!

What a mess! Do they not speak to each other and read tickets on accounts? You would think they would be more careful to get their act together once a formal complaint has been raised and a specific Plusnet team member assigned to look into that complaint in detail, but seemingly not. I await developments.

jdcopelin
Hooked

Hello,

Sorry to chime in on this thread but I received the exact same email from plusnet on Wednesday (30th Sept 2020) and after checking my account they have indeed incorrectly taken the LRS and used it to pay the broadband/phone charges for a few months:

We need to let you know that when you signed up to take Line Rental Saver we had a system issue, which meant that we didn’t take the payment from your account and instead the amount was showing as a credit on your account.
We now need to take your Line Rental Saver payment from your account but we’ll only take a pro rata payment for the remaining months on your Line Rental Saver. You’ll see this charge on your next bill.

I tried using the online chat feature to ask how much they were going to add to my next bill just so I did not have a coronary when my bank statement arrived but was told to phone them instead. Well, I am even more confused now as they told me this is not a message sent by plusnet and it is a phishing/scam and assured me that there were no payment errors on my account.

So, I was very surprised and even more confused to see this thread on the forum.

I would be interested to hear what you folks think about this? Have you spoken to plusnet on the phone about the email as well and how did you get on?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

jgb
Champion

@jdcopelin 

That is not the same message that I got but others on this thread might recognise it.

If it is a genuine Plusnet email, then you should find a closed ticket on your account with the same message. It should be on the same date as the email.

RichT
Grafter

@jdcopelin - I think you are right, it does look like it was a scammer. The from-address ends with "@comm.plus.net" which I don't think is a real PlusNet address. There was a link in the email which goes to the same domain. Looking in my browser history, it looks like I didn't click on it, but went to the real PlusNet site using a bookmark. Hopefully, I have had a narrow escape. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

hooverman
Rising Star

Hi @jdcopelin the I raised this item onthe forum and emails about payment come from a support@plus.net email address if what plusnet are saying is correct that the email to you is a phishing then that information with you email address can only come from a hacked email sytem yours or Plusnets but I would double check it may be legit ,but the bills Ive got show that plusnet have indeed been using my LRS to pay my broadband and BT sport account which I am still trying to get an answer, 

RichT
Grafter

@RichT wrote:

@jdcopelin - I think you are right, it does look like it was a scammer. The from-address ends with "@comm.plus.net" which I don't think is a real PlusNet address. There was a link in the email which goes to the same domain. Looking in my browser history, it looks like I didn't click on it, but went to the real PlusNet site using a bookmark. Hopefully, I have had a narrow escape. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Hmm... since posting that message I've done a bit of searching on these forum and have come across 3 threads from the past where people were asking if emails ending "comm.plus.net" were genuine and several staff members then confirmed that they were. However, that doesn't mean it's not spammers this time spoofing the address. My ticket for the LRS issue is still on hold for a couple of weeks so I shall wait and see what happens when it comes off hold again.

jgb
Champion

@jdcopelin 

The email I had (as I said confirmed by a similar closed ticket on my account) also comes from support@plus.net. 

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The whole point of paying in advance is to have a guaranteed reduced price for the line. If the contract is a fix, then the price of broadband is also fixed.

jdcopelin
Hooked

@jgb wrote:

@jdcopelin 

The email I had (as I said confirmed by a similar closed ticket on my account) also comes from support@plus.net. 

@jgb  That's interesting because there is no closed ticket on my account matching the email from plusnet@comm.plus.net so the staff member I spoke to was correct it is a spam/scam then. Looking at the email header it was sent by an Adestra (msgfocus) server. I have forwarded the message on to abuse@plus.net as requested by the member of staff.

RichT
Grafter

The email I mentioned previously in this thread said:

"We now need to take your Line Rental Saver payment from your account but we’ll only take a pro rata payment for the remaining months on your Line Rental Saver. You’ll see this charge on your next bill".

However, my ticket was updated today to say:

I'm afraid after checking the account I can see that the issue affecting your account billing is still ongoing. I'll pop this ticket back on hold for your next billing date.

If you notice any developments in the meantime, please feel free to reply to this ticket.

This Question is now on hold until Saturday 14th November at 7:00am.

So it looks like the email was a fake.

And thus the shambles that is PlusNet billing goes on...

RichT
Grafter

Despite the message that was added to my ticket today, saying the issue affecting my account is ongoing, I have now just received my October bill and it includes an additional item for approximately two months line rental. It's as if there are two parties in PlusNet that are not communicating with each other.

I now have no idea if that is the end of the matter or not!

hooverman
Rising Star

thanks @RichT for that information looks likes its taken 12 months to sort out ,I glad its sorted for you but I hope the same doesnt apply to me that its sorted  a lot quicker,I realise with the present covid situation things take longer but according to you it started Oct19 I believe   pre covid