cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username

cbcadmin
Grafter

Re: Username

Isn’t an email address considered “personal data”? I’m not worried I’m the least, but if *that* is all that is preventing a username being reused …….

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
cbcadmin
Grafter

So it’s all guesswork?

Not to worry: I just thought someone on here might know, that’s all.

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

There’s a world of difference between recording that a username has been used and being able to associate that username with a name and address.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

@cbcadmin wrote:

Isn’t an email address considered “personal data”? I’m not worried I’m the least, but if *that* is all that is preventing a username being reused …….

An email address may or may not be personal data - UK legislation doesn't have a precise list of what is and what isn't personal data, and things like email addresses may be personal data in some cases and not in others. It all depends on whether an individual can be identified by that data either alone or in conjunction with other data that is being processed.

cbcadmin
Grafter

Thanks. Smiley