cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless cancellation!!

magenta

Useless cancellation!!

Okay, after having been with Plus.net for almost a year.  Been very happy with the service, no problems whatsoever.  I had to move out of my flat last month and the place I moved into already had broadband which I am not allowed to change (down to the landlord)
I called up and spoke to cancellations to close the account, I was fully aware I'd have a cancellation fee to pay, they advised they could close it down right away and I'd be charged £90 which was fine.  However the guy I spoke to (James) said that I could "hold" the account for 6 months with no charge in case I managed to talk my landlord into letting my transfer Plus.net to the new place.
I agreed thinking that I'd like to take Plus.net with me if I could, so he said that the account would "hold" from the 23rd May until the 23rd November, if i didnt take up the offer to transfer Id then just pay the £90.
However today I see an email telling me of my direct debit due in the next few days for line rental, I call up to be told that when an account is "held" they still charge line rental, just hold the broadband service.  Now, why when I specifically said (they can listen to the call recording if need be) I was moving out on the 23rd, therefore not in the property anymore would they offer this? Let alone not mention the fact I'd still pay the line rental?
For all I know someone else is living in the property now.  I am happy to pay the £90 fee and cancel it now if thats what needs to be done, but I am not paying for this extra line rental for June.  Useless.
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Useless cancellation!!

Hi magenta,
I've been looking into this for you and the agent never mentioned you'd be billed because a cease request was placed which should have removed the home phone component from your account. This didn't happen as it should and that is why a bill was generated. I have now had this rectified so you won't be billed again, but sadly, there's nothing I can do about the pending payment as it's already been requested. Once the payment clears I will refund it back to you.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused but I can assure you that the phone line is not active and can't be used against your bill.
Jojo Smiley
magenta

Hi Jojo,
Thanks for looking into this for me, so the line rental will be refunded and my account will still be held for 6 months in case I manage to talk my landlord into letting me change the phone and internet? With, of course the £90 fee at the end of 6 months should I be unable to persuade him?

Thanks again
magenta

Hi Jojo,
The money has cleared today.  Can I confirm it will now be refunded?  Can I also confirm the terms of the 6 month hold on my account?
Thanks.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI magenta,
It may take another day to clear off our systems, but I will refund it as soon as it's clear here. Your account will be on hold for 6 months. If you set it up again at a new address we will set up a deferred house move charge which is £65. This is only payable though if you leave within 12 months.
Jojo Smiley