cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage allowances

ash12345

Usage allowances

I have been with Plusnet for 2 weeks and have used over 100Gb allowance already.
By the end of the month this will likely double meaning an extra bill of £80 per month for usage.
Is this correct?  and what will it cost to upgrade to an unlimited account instead?
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Usage allowances

Are you able to schedule some of your usage for the midnight to 8am slot which is not charged against the monthly allowance? Otherwise 200GB monthly usage would indeed cost an additional £80 on Extra Fibre or £140 on standard Extra.
The Customer Options Team (on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 09:00 - 17:30 every weekday (except Bank Holidays)) are best placed to handle queries concerning alternative products they might be able to offer.
David
ISanych

Quote from: ash12345
 and what will it cost to upgrade to an unlimited account instead?

There are no unlimited plans on plus.net. They said on forum that they are thinking about it and maybe will offer something in a half of year. You could call them and try to get more allowance, maybe you'll be lucky. You could also ask for MAC, they could offer something in that case too.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ash12345,
There aren't any unlimited packages available to you, I'm afraid. If you are worried about going over you could always set up a limit of how much you are willing to go over. You can do that by setting something called a Data Transfer Watch.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

With your usage being so high I'm mystified as to how you thought 60GB would be sufficient when you were considering signing up!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: ash12345
I have been with Plusnet for 2 weeks and have used over 100Gb allowance already.
By the end of the month this will likely double meaning an extra bill of £80 per month for usage.
Is this correct?   and what will it cost to upgrade to an unlimited account instead?

Regarding the extra usage the charge is £5 for 5GB in blocks of 5GB.
If you want unlimited you'll need to move to another ISP, it can take up to five days from your request to get a MAC from PN
The_10th
Grafter

Keep an eye on your usage here: https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php
If you have a Fibre product I can see how easy you could eat the data but unfortunately you'll be looking at a sizeable bill this month  Sad
The 'unlimited' offer isn't available to all but a product refresh is likely due at some stage this year if you decide to stay and this may offer an increased allowance.