cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed!. New contract.

Lodge01
Grafter

Urgent help needed!. New contract.

Hi, i change all my services over to PlusNet from BT this month, BB changeover date was 4th November & my landline i was notified by email would be the 26th November.
My problem is i've just received emails from BT telling me my broadband has only ended today, but far more important than this is another email received tells me i have a new landline order starting with BT today. It also appears to be a completely different landline package than that which i'm expecting from Plusnet.
I've had no contact with BT since acquiring my MAC code except for a courtesy call asking me why i was leaving, so i'm therefore adamant i have at no time placed this order for a new 12 month landline contract with BT.
This being the case, i know for a fact they will not be able to provide any evidence of myself placing this order with them (If/when asked for).
[Edit]
I have just this moment noticed that the BB deactivation referrence Number is the exact same as the new landline order number, so i'm thinking maybe this is some misunderstanding on BT's part through whatever contact PlusNet have made with them in order to change my services over to them.
Either way it's got me in a bit of a panic, so i could really do with some of PlusNets expert/professional help & advice on this matter before making contact with BT!.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Urgent help needed!. New contract.

Hi Lodge01,
I have checked and your phoneline will be active with us on the 26th, if you concerned to with the email BT sent I would suggest contacting them to confirm what they are doing.
We placed the order to takeover your line and everything has gone through fine.
Let me know how you get on.
Chris
Lodge01
Grafter

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.
Have been on phone to BT regarding the matter this morning. Have been told there is no new order placed on my account, & that email must've been sent in error.
However, was told by the operator they weren't able to confirm this via an email to me. Found this rather odd!, so going to chase further via electronic mail to get written confirmation that no new contract is in place with them.
Will let you know how i get on.
Cheers.
Lodge01
Grafter

Problem now sorted. Just BT trying it on by looks of it.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

That's great news, let me know if you've got any other questions.