Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upped monthly Allowance - still informing us we're over our limit

Dom
Grafter

Upped monthly Allowance - still informing us we're over our limit

Hi all,
Although I'm sure it's no biggie, I just wanted to point out that we recently doubled our monthly allowance on Pro from 20Gb to 40Gb, but we've still got a message telling us that we're over our limit because we've currently used 28.8Gb.
When I came to upgrade, we'd already gone over our 20Gb limit by 3 gigs or so, so it automatically upped our allowance to 24Gb and charged us an extra £3.60 or whatever it is. That's fine, no probs, we're always doing that.
Anyway, I upgraded our account and added another 20Gb to make it 40 in total. It's now activated, but there's still a message on our portal telling us that we've gone over our monthly limit, even though we've only used 28.8Gb out of our 40Gb (well, 44Gb, since it already added 4Gb extra this month).
I just wondered if this means we'll still get emails after every 2Gb of bandwidth used, informing us that our limit has been reached, and that we'll be billed extra for each 2Gb it has to "add"? It shouldn't need to add any more until we go over our 40Gb limit (which won't happen) but as it's an automated system I just wanted to ask if someone could check.
We don't mind paying the £3.60 extra we incurred before upgrading to 40Gb, but now that our limit is 40Gb, and we've only used 28.8Gb, I don't want to be charged for every 2Gb that we go over the previous 20Gb limit, if you see what I mean.
Anyway, could someone please make sure we won't get billed any extra, and perhaps get rid of the message on our customer portal? Like I say, the message on the portal is no big deal, but if we used 40Gb this month and get charged extra for 20 of them, I won't be pleased! Cheesy Cheesy
Cheers all! Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Upped monthly Allowance - still informing us we're over our limit

Hi Dom,
I suspect that was because you added the extra 20GB when you were already using the 4GB that had been added. If the message doesn't disappear after the 4GB has been used post back and I'll get our team to investigate, but my suspicion is that it will do Smiley
Dom
Grafter

OK that's great thanks. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.
Smiley Smiley
Dom
Grafter

OK, I reinstalled Windows XP on a PC yesterday evening and it downloaded the various service packs and patches etc, and it's now taken my usage to 30.3Gb, yet the message is still appearing.
(When you say "after the 4GB has been used" what do you mean? When our limit was 20Gb and we went over by 3-something gigs, 4Gb was added. Then I upgraded, so surely the message should have disappeared once we went over 24Gb, as that would mean the extra 4Gb was used, but the new limit was 40Gb)
Undecided
Dom
Grafter

Shameless bump!
Also, our usage is at 31.8Gb now, so surely the message should have disappeared by now? If someone could take a look, that would be great thanks.
Smiley Smiley
Dom
Grafter

All seems sorted now, thanks! Smiley