cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to extra

asad48

Upgrading to extra

Hi,
Iv been with Plusnet for my broadband and calls since August last year. I took the Value package on the half price offer (low cost area).
I am considering upgrading to the extra 60GB allowance option for the remainder of my contract so wanted to know what it would cost me? I see that currently broadband is being offered at 6 months, so what would it cost an existing customer wanted to upgrade?
Thanks
Asad
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Upgrading to extra

Hi Asad,
The way the half price offer on Value works is by us discounting £3.25 from each monthly bill for the duration of the offer. If you were to change to Extra the baseline cost for that would be £11.49, however you'd still get your discounts (there's 4 monthly discounts remaining) so the cost for the first four months would be £8.24 before it would revert to £11.49.
I hope that makes sense.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
asad48

Thanks for the reply Adam,
So the current contract I'm in, I have 5 months to go (till Aug 2012). If I opt to upgrade right away, can you please break it down for me, on how much exactly my monthly dd will increase to?
Asad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure,
If you were to change to extra now the next 4 monthly payments would be as follows:
£12.99: Line rental
£11.49: Extra broadband subscription
- £3.25: 6 months half price discount
total: £21.23 per month
If you were to continue with this after those 4 months the cost would rise to  £24.48, obviously these figures don't include any extra costs that could be incurred such as extra data (less likely on Extra) or additional call charges.
Hope that helps,
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
smccafferty

Just be sure to check your invoice when it comes in... This is exactly what I did, but my discount wasn't applied, so I'm charged the full amount rather than receiving the discount I am supposed to be eligible for.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry that happened. I'm glad to see though that you called our support team and the discounts have now been applied for you, though this is something we should have done in the first place.
smccafferty

Thanks,
So far, I couldn't be happier with the service - this was just disappointing considering the system apparently showed the correct details on my account, but were not properly applied.
I believe it will be sorted from next month.
Appreciate the prompt response.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I'm sorry you had an issue with that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
smccafferty