cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading broadband limit

jorvikmik
Grafter

Upgrading broadband limit

We have 2 plusnet accounts on bt lines adsl - son has 10gb at 12.99pm - I have broadband your way option 2 giving 15gb + voip phone £14.99 less £1.25 referals. Monthly account
I keep phone with bt so that I can use 18185 for very occasional calls to Israel at 2p per minute.
The son and I use one anothers wifi depending on where we are located in our adjoining cottages to pick up the strongest signal.
The option that would suit best would be able to have unlimited on my own account and keep the voip phone.
The other option is to change sons to BT unlimited (£3 extra pm) or to the + TV package (£7 extra pm) so he can make use of the online TV.
I am not keen on the bt option due to bt's call centres.
I get dizzy looking at all the options and would like advice from anyone who has had a similar problem
Mick
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upgrading broadband limit

You would keep the VOIP phone if you change to unlimited if that is the question
Also Plusnet don't block 18185 either
jorvikmik
Grafter

That's the main thing and keeping the fixed ip address - but also not sure how to go about it - I couldn't even find how much extra it would be as most of the packages seem to refer to cable which we don't have.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I think you are misreading something - non of the packages refer to cable or are you getting mixed up with fibre
Either way to upgrade is dead easy - just go to https://portal.plus.net/index_portal.html?home=membercentretop and click on Product Change in the top menu
Note that it will start a new 12 month tie in and you will keep all your existing addons such as fixed IP, webspace and VOIP
jorvikmik
Grafter

Thanks Jim
A 12 month account is fine and I will look up to see when I have paid up to with bt line rental which I do yearly, then transfer line rental as well
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much of your inclusive 120 minutes per month on VoIP, do you use on BBYW-Opt2 ?
jorvikmik
Grafter

Not many minutes usually as we are on anytime bt and use it as extra line for emergency use and a main line for bt outages. We have no access to public phones and sometimes bt have outages to the island yet the adsl service is ok.
Just upgraded to 24 month plusnet contract and bt line is being changed to plusnet in August when bt prepayment date is due.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

where did the 24 month contract come from - did you screw a special deal out of then
jorvikmik
Grafter

I think it is a standard upgrade option as I didn't request any special deal - Just glad that I found a deal that competed with BT - we have a visitor with us who is with bt and he is now looking to swap his phone line over to plusnet when his 12 month prepayment line rental is due.
The only advantage with BT phone service is when there is a telephone outage they normally allow free transfer of incoming phone calls to your mobile though not always. If only plusnet could have something similar in place.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The only 24 month option I can see is the Business Package - are you on that instead of the residential package as it is more expensive