cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades during 4 months free period

ARone
Grafter

Upgrades during 4 months free period

Hi , I wonder if someone can help me as I ve asked the question in a ticket but not yet had a reply , first ticket  reply missed the question and still awaiting a reply on added details.
Ive just signed upfor a migration away from another supplier onto the 4 month free package and signed up for the value 10gb package as I never went over 10gb on my old supplier , however they did not count weekend use on paid useage and there hours were different .
Ive noticed that a freind who signed up for the 4 months free deal got another dddeal which included 30 gig which may suit me better , however I missed that and went for 10 gig
So question is does anyone here know if I can upgrade and if I did what would happen to 4 months free would I lose it  and is there a charge for upgrading etc , I reckon although Im the only one in household now with weekend being charged I may go over my amount  and maybe chose the wrong package  , without charged weekend 10gig  was fine on old supplier and I was unaware that some companies dont count weekend as off peak  : (
Any info would be helpful so thanks in advance , other than that migration was painless and speed is great : )
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Upgrades during 4 months free period

Welcome to the forum
On the value pack, you get 10 GB of transport up and down between the hours of 8 am and midnight, all trsffic between midnight and 8 am are free
The next package is Pro which has better priorities,costs more and has an allowance of 20GB
Then it is Extra and has an allowance of 60Gb
the trafic shaping for the current packages can be found here  http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp2.php
you can change packages and stiil keep your free months
ARone
Grafter

Thanks for that ,regarding the "you can change without losing the free months" any idea how I can confirm that with plusnet and arrange that over internet , the 2 tickets Ive so far raised had 1 reply confused about the same question Ive asked here and the 2nd has so far gone unanswered .
Id hate to press that upgrade button and then find Im charged something ridiculous in my first week  Smiley
How do things work here , do the tickets get answered if they reply as in my case but not answering the question so you have to add comments and ask again ?, Imnot really used to a "ticket" system
Regarding the 60gb would be easily enough Id never use that much but cant see a 20gig package now at all just the 2 10 gig or 60 gig , but my concern is losing my free migration or free months by altering something now : (
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you can wait til Monday, the PN staff keep an eye on the forum and will probably answer you then
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: ARone
Thanks for that ,regarding the "you can change without losing the free months" any idea how I can confirm that with plusnet and arrange that over internet , the 2 tickets Ive so far raised had 1 reply confused about the same question Ive asked here and the 2nd has so far gone unanswered .

I'm not logged into the VPN at the moment so I can't answer your ticket, but I can confirm that you would not lose your free months if you upgrade your product (it's based on a 100% discount being applied to your account, so it doesn't matter what product you're actually on).
To upgrade online just click the Change Product button in the Member Centre, it will then show you all the products available to you.
Hope that helps, and welcome to Plusnet and the forums. Smiley
ARone
Grafter

This is great news ,thankyou for confirmation I shall upgrade now as I expect to be staying with plusnet anyway and the extra cost for peace of mind is worthwhile rather than having to always watch what I use , for me that amount is a massive amount but unfortunately the 10gb is a bit too small maybe as a couple of times with previous I would have gone over had they not included weekends in the free time..
Thankyou very much for fast reply.  Smiley
Mand
Grafter

No problem, happy to help.
Give us a shout if there's anything else we can do for you. Smiley
ARone
Grafter

Ok, thanks for that , I did upgrade but product seems still same so gues its either not auto or will take a while or does it mean that this month is set at 10gb max whatever :?
Sorry for questions but the costings and packages do seem confusing , theres 6.49 11.49  17.99 then 10gb , 60 gb and the more expensive one is less at 20gb  ?? , anyway went for the 60gb one  as I dont game .
When should I expect tosee a change on package in allowance / useage area please
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

the change will happen at your next billing date