cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded - couple of questions

biglee1974
Grafter

Upgraded - couple of questions

In my excitement at seeing fibre was now available in my area, I upgraded my account to fibre unlimited this morning, and took on the home phone package too.
1. Do plusnet handle the communication with BT with regards to becoming the new phone provider? Should I cancel my direct debit now with BT? Im always on edge with these things, as they NEVER go smoothly. Experience dictates I will have weeks of pain. I notice that plusnet will start taking money immediately at my next bill date, am I going to be paying both plusnet and BT for the same service?
2. I was disappointed to see I didn't get the reduced price for the first 6 months as detailed on your home page, and there was no (obvious) indication that it was for new customers only. What's the story here. Have I rushed in blindly again, and lost out on a great deal that I might have been able to wangle with customer support?
Cheers for your time!
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upgraded - couple of questions

In reply to question 2
Yes you did but as far as I remember there is a 14 day cooling off period as it is a new contract so I suggest phoning Customer Options PDQ who will offer a better deal on
   0800 013 2632
   0330 123 9197
   Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
   Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Re Question 1 - don't do anything with BT - Plusnet / BT Wholesale should sort everything out. Do not cancel your direct debit with BT as you would still need to pay for call charges and there is a 10 working day period before the change happens ( OFCOM Rules)
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Upgraded - couple of questions

Hi biglee1974.
Jim has it pretty much spot on.
Just a further point to add to question 1; we will bill you a pro rata payment for however long you have had the phone service for that billing month. So we won't be taking full payment.
I can only hope that BT will do the same so that you don't pay for both ourselves and them at once.
Hope this helps.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet