cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded and charged (twice) for line rental (despite still having Line Rental Saver)

FIXED
Temrael
Grafter

Upgraded and charged (twice) for line rental (despite still having Line Rental Saver)

Hi there,

I've had another billing issue I'm afraid, it seems to happen every year. 😕

To save you lots of time investigating, it's essentially a recurrence of this issue here from last year. See also question number 200969903 raised at that time.

Anyway, on the 19th of February this year I upgraded my contract from the £11pm deal I was on, to £13. (I took the offer of paying another £2 more per month to upgrade to Fibre Extra). This started a new 18 month contract at £13pm for my broadband and phone from that point.

I've just received my first bill since upgrading and can see that I've been charged...

Line Rental 22/02/21 17/03/21 £17.39
Line Rental 18/03/21 17/04/21 £20.29

So rather than the £13 I was expecting to be billed, my monthly bill is nearly £52. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

I shouldn't be being billed Line Rental yet at all as my Line Rental Saver is still in place until 17/06/21. (Note that although I renewed Line Rental saver in April last year, this was actually a couple of months early as it wasn't due to end until 17/06/20.)

These billing issues seem to have happen whenever I renew or upgrade. I love the broadband service I get from you guys but the billing system does seem to struggle with upgrades and renewals.

Can someone possibly have a look at my account for me and sort out a refund?

I know that I won't be able to renew Line Rental Saver after 17/06/21 as it's been withdrawn, so I'll obviously be paying for my line rental monthly from then.

However, in the meantime I'm not expecting to pay any more than the £13pm agreed with Nicholas in chat on 19/02/21 when I took up your offer of an upgrade, and entered into this new, 18 month contract.

Can someone please also check the £13 deal has been properly applied to my account as, even taking the two erroneous Line Rental Charges off, the bill would still be £1.15 over the agreed £13 per month.

Thanks very much,

Andy 

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Upgraded and charged (twice) for line rental (despite still having Line Rental Saver)

Fix

Hi Andy, I'm sorry to see what's happened with your bill. Line rental saver seems to had dropped off your account when your contract was renewed, but I've added that back on now honouring the expiry date of 17th June 2021 and refunded the overcharge to your bank account you should receive before or shortly after we take your payment.

Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Temrael
Grafter

Re: Upgraded and charged (twice) for line rental (despite still having Line Rental Saver)

Thankyou Stormcrow 😉

Assuming the refund comes though as planned then that's this issue all resolved.

Thanks again,

Andy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem @Temrael let me know if there are any issues. In the meantime though to leave you with some inspiring words:

B3DCD4B9-DEE4-427D-9330-FD32E7D582F1.gif

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet