cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to unlimited - retain webspace and domain?

gollum
Grafter

Upgrade to unlimited - retain webspace and domain?

I am thinking of upgrading to Unlimited and have just been speaking to the Customer Options Team and am now confused. I am on a Teir 1 exchange and need to add Max Premium to retain the higher upload speed which is part of my existing package - no problem there. I understood from reading the discussion following the announcement that existing customers could retain webspace and domains when upgrading but have been told that this is not possible. Did I misunderstand the forum discussion? Is it possible to retain web services or not? If it is then how do I go about it given that Customer Options say it is not possible.
If it is not possible to retain these "old style" services I can reconsider upgrading - the saving would be the same as the cost of a hosting package. The Unlimited part would still be a gain.
17 REPLIES 17
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Upgrade to unlimited - retain webspace and domain?

yes, usually you can keep your old added extras.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gollum
Grafter

That was my understanding but not one shared by the person I spoke to from the Customer Options Team, I think I need clarification from Plusnet so I can decide the best way forward.
dick:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The answer to FAQ question I’m using ‘extras’ that aren’t offered any more e.g. webspace, fax-2-email, hosted domains. If I req... says that all benefits are retained.
I upgraded to Unlimited using the Product Change menu in the Member Centre and my webspace and domains are still in place.
David
gollum
Grafter

Thanks spraxyt for reminding me where I saw the information originally. My two issues are addressed in adjacent paragraphs:
I’m using ‘extras’ that aren’t offered any more e.g. webspace, fax-2-email, hosted domains. If I request an account change will I keep these extras?
Yes, any legacy product features will be carried across to the new account type.
I have a static IP address, will I keep this if I request an account change?
Yes, although in a small number of cases we will need to assign you a new IP address.

I will have another go at upgrading and see what the Customer Options Team say this time now I can point to the Plusnet Unlimited/Essentials FAQ - December 2012
gollum
Grafter

Just to report progress. Spoke to another helpful person from the Customer Options Team and sorted out the issue of retaining previous services so that should be OK.
Failed, however, to include Max Premium in the upgraded package. After some discussions we were able to confirm that it existed and the cost but failed to find any way to add it to an unlimited service. When I recover from telephone fatigue I will have another go and see if it is possible. Perhaps once I have the new product it might be possible to request Max Premium on line.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I didn't say so last time but I also have a static IP and that was retained on upgrade to Unlimited.
Max Premium is a bit of an oddball in provision of the service. It's actually ordered (and cancelled) via an option at http://trials.plus.net (ignore the location name, it's just a convenient place to put such oddballs). Though I'm on Unlimited but 21CN so no need of Max Premium the Help Assistant link to add it is still there. So it seems reasonable to assume it will be for you just in case the upgrade process cancels it.
David
gollum
Grafter

Thanks spraxyt, Again very helpful information. My original product always had Max Premium included so I never had to sign up for it. The location of the page to do so is therefore very useful. I will wait until the upgrade to unlimited to be completed and then sign up for Max Premium. I hope that this does not cause any disruption to the service.
Having reflected on the upgrade process I realise that the people I spoke to from the Customer Options Team were unaware of the existence of Max Premium and thought I was requesting the Pro addon and quite correctly told me I probably did not need this on the unlimited product. Top marks for not trying to upsell, slightly less marks for knowledge of the products. On the other hand with only 20% of customers on 20CN exchanges and few of those interested in upload speed, it is perhaps not surprising.
Looking forward to using the new unlimited product - I just hope it is as good as the 7 years of excellent service I have had from the original package!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Changing package won't change anything on the line, unless you're moving from ADSL/ADSL2+ to fibre unlimited (as that involves an order that will change the broadband service). So basically until an order is placed to upgrade the broadband service on the line (or you request to remove it, which will mean another order Smiley ) Max Premium will stay there through product changes.
Hope that helps.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm trying to remember what package included Max Premium - was it a Teleworker account?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you were on a package that included Max Premium for free, then unfortunately you're going to need to pay the extra to keep that on your line following the switch to Unlimited.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
I'm trying to remember what package included Max Premium - was it a Teleworker account?

I think it was Business Premier.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Chris seems to think residential Premier option 3 included Max Premium.
Edit: now looked at the page he sent me
[quote=http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide_28102012.html]Broadband Premier - Up to 2 Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem) 20:1 variant
20:1 means Max Premium I think
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Looking at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2524.0.html/ it seems I was right - it's Teleworker Pro.
Edit: This is all I've found on the portal: http://portal.plus.net/support/adsl/info/product_range.shtml There's some long forgotten products in there!
Edit 2: Try this google search: teleworker pro 832 site:community.plus.net
gollum
Grafter

No - none of those. It is currently described as PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem) 20:1 variant at £32 a month.
It existed only fleetingly and was something cobbled together after I had registered an interest in a product that never materialised. This was back in June 2004 and was then called PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem). I have just looked back at the very first email I received from Plusnet and yes, I really do have an email archive going back that far and a lot further!
And what an excellent product it has been. Upgraded to 8M along the way, has worked flawlessly and I am very hesitant about changing at all, but the 20G limit (really only 17G) before severe throttling is really not enough in this day and age.
I have added a note to the upgrade request generated by Customer Options pointing out that I am happy to pay for Max Premium so I hope that the provisioning team will sort it out although I am not sure they see this communication. I hope so because I would prefer the exchange profile not to be changed and then changed back again later. I really am very risk adverse!