cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre

moley
Grafter

Upgrade to fibre

Hi all, been on ADSL2+ forever, but just today have spotted that my BT cabinet has moved to "Accepting Orders" status.
So I jumped to the Plusnet Product Change page but that tells me "You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress."
I had a call on 24 Feb to renew my contract with PlusNet on Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted).  Is this the "Product Change" listed above and do I have to therefore wait till this goes through before I can choose a fibre package?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upgrade to fibre

You need to call Customer Options to make the change otherwise it will screw up any discounts and may even hit you with a product cancellation charge.
moley
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim.  Oddly enough, this page - https://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ - says "Accepting Orders" but the bt.com site for instance says I cant get BT Infinity.  I suspect either the cabinet has just been changed over, or its mislabelled Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

moley
Grafter

Yep that page does not show any fibre, however the openreach page says "Accepting orders".
joclark
Grafter

Good afternoon, as Oldjim has said call the Customer Options team on 0845 1406 002, this is a direct line. In regards to the contract you have left, they will superseed that one with the new fibre contract. They can also run a few other tests to check for fibre availability.
moley
Grafter

I spoke to the team and they checked.  Althought the Openreach site says its available the Plusnet check doesn't.  Incidentally neither does the BT site.
I've been advised to wait till it shows up as available  Embarrassed
joclark
Grafter

Hi moley. That is unfortunate. Best thing to do is keep checking the website, also you can check your member centre on account changes to check availability.
Thanks
Jo