cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Unlimited Fibre and Phone Line Rental Saver at the same time

Palhil

Upgrade to Unlimited Fibre and Phone Line Rental Saver at the same time

Hi

I’ve been on Plusnet’s Unlimited Broadband package for many years but I would now like to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre. This requires that I also get phone line rental from Plusnet. I currently rent from BT.

Unlimited Fibre is a minimum 18 month contract. Therefore I might as well also get the 12 month Line Rental Saver. However, when applying for the upgrade to the package I am not given an option for the Line Rental Saver, just the full monthly price for line rental

I’d like to know if it is possible to upgrade to fibre and get the line rental saver at the same time without having to pay full price for the first month of line rental.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upgrade to Unlimited Fibre and Phone Line Rental Saver at the same time

actually you can have fibre without the phone but it is more expensive and you won't get any discounts https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/broadband-only/

Palhil

Thanks.

However, I thought I might as well get the 12 month Line Rental Saver as I've just finished my previous Saver deal with BT. So all in all the savings achieved by getting my phone line from Plusnet are worth it. As I said though, I'd like to start the 18 month contract for the Unlimited Fibre and 12 month contract for the Line Rental Saver at the same time.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since you are already a Plusnet customer, upgrading to a fibre package won't change your billing date even though the upgrade might go through on a different date. This date will also become the billing date for the phone service.

The phone service will move from BT to Plusnet 14 days after the order is placed (unless a later date is requested). The date for the fibre upgrade will depend on engineer availability and could be different from when the phone moves.

Clearly service charges will increase when phone and fibre are added and part-month pro rata payments are taken retrospectively to align charges to your billing date for future months.

These adjustments mean that to ensure full months are covered starting Line Rental Saver from your next billing date is likely most appropriate.

Rather than trying to order these changes through the website I suggest giving the Customer Options Team a ring on 0800 432 0200 and selecting the "I'm thinking of leaving" option (don't worry about that description) and arrange the changes through them. It could be worthwhile asking if they can offer you a special package deal which you might find attractive.

David
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@spraxyt wrote:

I suggest giving the Customer Options Team a ring on 0800 432 0200 and selecting the "I'm thinking of leaving" option (don't worry about that description) and arrange the changes through them. It could be worthwhile asking if they can offer you a special package deal which you might find attractive.

Definitely this, if you're moving your phone line you should be able to get a good deal. I did Smiley

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

As above really. Hopefully we'll sort you out a deal.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Palhil

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to call yet. I hope I can get a good deal.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi Palhil,

If you call this number 0800 013 2632 it will get you through to the customer options team. Just press option 1 and then option 2