cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre Extra extended my contract, should it have?

Steakpuncher
Hooked

Upgrade to Fibre Extra extended my contract, should it have?

Hello All,

I started my contract with Plusnet just over two years ago, and logged into my account today expecting to see that my contract would be up. Instead it appears I have seven months left to run on the contract. I expect this is because I upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra during the life of the contract but at the time I understood the upgrade would not affect the term of my contract.

I had initially tried to upgrade through the member centre, but something went wrong with the order and I had to phone up to get it fixed. My account summary is a bit of a mess at the moment due to this, showing cancelled orders (one dated 01/01/1970) and the like.

I'm assuming what has happened (based on my account summary) is that the person I spoke to on the phone has terminated and written off my Unlimited Fibre order, and has raised a new order for Unlimited Fibre Extra, thus locking me into a new contract for a new 24 month period.

The issue is, is there anything I can do about it, I'm assuming this is going to boil down to my word against theirs. I'll be honest and say the service I've had from plusnet has been more or less perfect from day one. I'm probably not looking to change, but I was hoping to at least try and get a better deal as I can now get deals with a lot more in them from other providers for the same money I am paying now.

1 REPLY 1
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Upgrade to Fibre Extra extended my contract, should it have?

Thanks for getting in touch.

I expect this is because I upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra during the life of the contract but at the time I understood the upgrade would not affect the term of my contract.

It wouldn't have affected it normally, however it appears you agreed to a new deal and set of discounts at the same time as per this ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=123457914

I hope this explains the situation.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.